Lip Smckin' BBQ Sauce.

Shermie

Site Supporter
icon7.gif
Lip Smakin' BBQ Sauce.
Here's a quick and easy, but very tasty BBQ sauce that you can make in just 30 mionutes or less! I make and use it all the times for things requiring BBQ sauce. Tastes much better to me than any other BBQ sauce that i've ever tried!! Got it from the recipe section in the manual that came with my Rival BBQ pit Slow Cooker.

Ingredients;

2 tsp canola, veggie or olive oil.

3 small red or yellow finely chopped onion.

1 1/2 finely chopped green pepper.

2 stalks finely chopped celery.

1 lemon, juiced.

3 garlic cloves, finely chopped.

1 cup brown sugar, packed.

1/2 cup cider vinegar.

1 cup tomato ketchup.

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or to taste.

1 tsp. hot pepper sauce (I like to use Tobasco Chipotle sauce because of its authentic smokey flavor and taste).

2 or 3 dashes liquid smoke.

1/2 tsp chili powder.

1 tsp yellow prepared mustard.

Dash of ground black pepper.

Dash of Cajiun seasoning or Emeril's Southwest Essence (optional if you want extra added heat).

On stovetop, set burner to medium high. In medium sauce pot, place first 5 ingredients. Cook until almost soft, tender and lightly browned.

Add remaining ingredients, stir and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for about 5minutes. I let mine go longer than that - about 30 minutes or more.

If desired, you can use a stick blender to puree the veggies in the sauce and to make it smoother and thicker. I did.

Brush some of the sauce onto your favorite BBQ'd meat, be it beef, pork, lamb or chicken. I always use this and ONLY this, on my babyback ribs! Enjoy!
smile.gif

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Note;

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT add any salt to this recipe, or the sauce will come out wicked or unbearably salty!

Because there is enough salt in the ketchup which helps add to the flavor in the background to the point where added salt is just not ever needed.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks as if it has all the elements of a great BBQ sauce, Sherm!

Thanks for posting it!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
You're welcome, and it DOES!

I just made some the other day.

Had some cut up onions, celery, green pepper and relish. Was sauteeing them for rice, but got that vinagary smell from the relish, so I just use the stuff to make the BBQ sauce, and it worked out splendid! :WitchBrewsSmiley:

Last edited: