Leftys going home

Lefty

Yank
After a week on travel for work, I am looking forward to getting home. Virginia is a very nice state, Maryland is too. Great folks, very hospitable. Training was great and I was able to put together some of the faces with the names I usually have to email for project work.

On the food side I had some fantastic fish tacos, some good inexpensive chinese food and I tried a place called the Crabby Oyster and had some scallops and oysters fried. It was a change from the way we make them up north, since they use cornmeal and we like a mix of flour and breadcrumbs. I also think it was overcooked. Since that was the only disappiontment we shall call this a great trip.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm wit' ya, Lefty 1
Cornmeal doesn't cut it with me anymore; it ALWAYS gets too crisp, giving the impression of being over-done............
I've tried a cornmeal-flour mix, but have settled on the Flour / bread crumb mix.

I use Cracker crumbs on oysters, tho'.......

Lefty

Yank
I'm wit' ya, Lefty 1
Cornmeal doesn't cut it with me anymore; it ALWAYS gets too crisp, giving the impression of being over-done............
I've tried a cornmeal-flour mix, but have settled on the Flour / bread crumb mix.

I use Cracker crumbs on oysters, tho'.......

When I dont have breadcrumbs, I will crumble up crackers to use in a pinch. works very good!!! :agree:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Theres no place like home. :thumb: :D I used to travel a lot but have now worked into a spot where travel is not required very often, and that fits me just fine. I like to travel for fun, but for work it's just not the same.
Welcome home Lefty! :D

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Welcome home Left! I agree travel for work is never the same as for fun. One company I worked for had me in Atlanta for 6 months straight, since I had a young family at the time (first daughter only 2yrs at the time) they flew them down each weekend on the company dime.
Very nice of them, but still not the same.

Lefty

Yank
Welcome home, Lefty. :)

Theres no place like home. :thumb: :D I used to travel a lot but have now worked into a spot where travel is not required very often, and that fits me just fine. I like to travel for fun, but for work it's just not the same.
Welcome home Lefty! :D

Welcome home Left! I agree travel for work is never the same as for fun. One company I worked for had me in Atlanta for 6 months straight, since I had a young family at the time (first daughter only 2yrs at the time) they flew them down each weekend on the company dime.
Very nice of them, but still not the same.

Thanks guys, just got in. Maine today is damp, cold and overcast. I wouldn't have it any other way. :wink: