Lazy Mans Panzarotti

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzarotti#Canada

didnt know where to post this but this is a take on a dish i grew up eating at home.

Preheat your deep fryer to 375*F

Now traditionally you use "real" pizza dough but when you use the tin stuff, you dont have to par-bake it.

the ingredients

xcpuhj.jpg

Unroll the pizza dough and cut it in half
euobvd.jpg

sauce,pepperoni,cheese on the dough
2jd11tz.jpg

fold over and crimp the edges really well
2vjyf4h.jpg

once the oil is heated, carefully it into the deep fryer. Cook for about 4 minutes per side
6p3ig1.jpg

2nrztsl.jpg

take out, drain and let rest a few minutes before you cut into it..enjoy with a side of marinara sauce if needed

24edheg.jpg

bhlqj5.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my gosh, Bam!

So, it's a fried calzone????

I'm all over this one!

Lee

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Oh my gosh, Bam!

So, it's a fried calzone????

I'm all over this one!

Lee

sort of, american calzones are served covered in sauce with no sauce on the inside. sauces include marinara or traditional garlic parsley infused olive oil.

then there are is a stromboli which is made with a square shaped pizza dough that can be topped with any pizza toppings and is then rolled into a log and baked

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
sort of, american calzones are served covered in sauce with no sauce on the inside. sauces include marinara or traditional garlic parsley infused olive oil.

then there are is a stromboli which is made with a square shaped pizza dough that can be topped with any pizza toppings and is then rolled into a log and baked
In NJ the places we order from don't cover a calzone in sauce. They are usually filled with ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and ham but some places offer other fillings. Sauce on the side if you ask for it. Pizza Town deep fry the small calzones and bakes the large ones (we love them).

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
secret of pizza places(i use to drive delivery and they were always late so i watched the hidden secrets..lol)...with the big ones they are baked to first up a little bit first then thrown in the deep fryer to crisp and brown...also keeps the fillings from coming out when being fried.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
secret of pizza places(i use to drive delivery and they were always late so i watched the hidden secrets..lol)...with the big ones they are baked to first up a little bit first then thrown in the deep fryer to crisp and brown...also keeps the fillings from coming out when being fried.
Really? Pizza Town is great if you are ever in this area try it. It is a small place (a mom and pop still looks like it did when it opened in 1958). Their dough is fantastic. You can watch them make the calzones, pizza and zeppoles.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWCKcwXTF-Y[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk-BM6ChLmU[/ame]

They only take cash and no delivery.