Kids Say The Darndest Things

Granny

Back in 1968 when our son was 2, maybe less, he was usually sound asleep by the time it was dark, but one night we were walking to the car. Our son looked up at the moon with a shocked look on his face and said excitedly, "There's a banana in the sky."

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: they sure do Granny.

My youngest daughter had started learning to read and we were in church and she was trying to follow the service in the book. The priest was doing the 1st or 2nd reading of the gosple (catholic service) and my daughter got lost. She asked my mom, who she was sitting by her, where in the book she should be. My mom was not quick enough in answering and the priest started the reading. My daughter jumps up and yells "Wait a minute God!". It was a large church and she got lots of chuckles all around us. We were not sure if the priest had heard her or not, until after mass when we were leaving the priest said something to the effect of "That was quiet a compliment little lady." :D We all got a good laugh and Bethany learned the priest was not God. :yum:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
cute, yinz guys. one that sticks in in my mind is a tot i used to babysit for, fer his Mom........ he says, 'why can't i steal candy bars.'
i said, 'those police'll get you, & you'll be behind bars.' i made him return that candy to that clerk. he was weeping & hurt to see a 1-grader turn himself in. taught him, though, that u cannot simply take stuff.

Granny

When my kids were growing up, they devoured every food I placed before them, including liver and onions, which I only made once or twice a year. One day my son stopped by the kitchen to ask what was for dinner. When I said, "Liver and onions." He said, "You make witch's brew." and walked away.

Well, at dinner, he didn't miss a beat. The liver and onions went right down the shoot with the rest of the food.

The next day at the grocery store, I was at the meat counter, and saw what looked like a giant, pointed ear. The package said 'Pig Ears', which is something I had never seen before. I looked to see what my son was doing, he wasn't paying any attention to me, so I placed the pig ear in my shopping cart, put on a poker face, looked streight ahead, and slowly started pushing the cart. My son walked over to see what I had placed in the cart. His eyes grew big as saucers, his mouth dropped open, and with a shocked voice he said, "See, I told you you make witch's brew!"

I put them back in the meat case. Never again did my son accuse me of making witch's brew.

DISCLAIMER: No offense intended to those who likes to eat pig ears.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm afraid of 'em, Granny~ too many stories 'bout their texture. yipes~

Granny

They were all about my son, he is the one who mostly has food on the brain. There were only 3 cute stories to tell and I wanted to make sure I told them all, and I did. And nothing to be afraid of, they are wonderful kids. :)