Italian Hotdog

High Cheese

Saucier
Grilled hotdog, sauteed peppers and onions, potato rounds. I usually top it with ketchup, mustard and hot sauce.

4608001.jpg

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
It looks about life size,,,,, hmmmm, can I reach in and take me bite somehow???? I'm not getting hotdog... I'm getting fuzz off my screen!!!!

chowhound

Man I bet that would be good with brats too.

That's what I made the other night when you asked me how I cook my brats, it just wasn't as pretty as Jeek's :wink:
Jeeks gave me the idea last year and now it's practically the only way I fix brats. Big thumbs up on this recipe.

Attachments

• brat sandwich.jpg
    brat sandwich.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 152

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Ohhhh... it's pretty CH.... very pretty.... I keep getting fuzz off the screen when I try and take a bite! I need to go eat something inferior!!

High Cheese

Saucier
Looks real good Fred! I've been craving brats too. Shoot!...I can't decide what to make tomorrow.

When I make brats I usually do them on the grill 1/2 way, then in a pan with beer and onions. When I have the smoker fired up I'll smoke them near the heat, then into a small tin pan with the beer and onion and back into the smoker. You can do the same thing in a pan stovetop too.

Use the beer infused onion as the topping with mustard.

High Cheese

Saucier
Oh, you can swap out the onion for strained sauerkraut. Add to a pan with dark beer, brats and cover until done. Remove the cover and let the beer reduce a bit.

Serve on a plate with the kraut and some varieties of mustards. Spicy brown and dijon for me pleeeeze.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Looks real good Fred! I've been craving brats too. Shoot!...I can't decide what to make tomorrow.

When I make brats I usually do them on the grill 1/2 way, then in a pan with beer and onions. When I have the smoker fired up I'll smoke them near the heat, then into a small tin pan with the beer and onion and back into the smoker. You can do the same thing in a pan stovetop too.

Use the beer infused onion as the topping with mustard.

I actually do mine the exact opposite. I do them in the beer with onions and bell peppers on a low simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes then grille them. Italian sausage I blanch in hot water for about a minute or until the get a little white then grille them also. Oh yes and sauerkraut will do too which I love on hot dogs (steam them).

Calicolady

Feels/looks/smells like I'm back in Jersey, Jeeks.

sausage w/peppers, onions & pots & mustard
brats w/krauts and mustard, pots on the side.
Priceless!

buckytom

Grill Master
oh man, i need a dago dog!!!!!

i think i'll be hitting up the dirty water hot dog stand on the corner for lunch today.

how can you tell when spring is coming? the hot dog cart vendors change the water...

Calicolady

LOL! I remember that!
The best roach coach I even knew was down Port Elizabeth, exit 14, then somehow detoured thru the road to the airport, and in the back there somewhere. Way before Ikea was there.
To DIE FOR!

High Cheese

Saucier
LOL! I remember that!
The best roach coach I even knew was down Port Elizabeth, exit 14, then somehow detoured thru the road to the airport, and in the back there somewhere. Way before Ikea was there.
To DIE FOR!

Yeah, there's a real good hotdog guy up under the Turnpike near Newark. Every bite you get a nice "snap".