ISO - Maidrites

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Anyone have a recipe for “Maidrites”? I’ve never had them before, but saw them mentioned elsewhere once and tried my hand at making them. Pretty good, but not much to it really.

What I did was put ground beef in a steamer and steamed it, when it was nearly done (last 5 minutes of so), I drizzled Worcestershire sauce over the meat, stirred, and pushed the meat to the sides of the steamer (it’s a pot insert type of steamer). Served on buns and a side of fries. It was really good, and DW loves it.

I’m trying to think of something to do with ground beef. I checked the pantry, and I’m out of nearly everything…..how’d that happen??? Gotta go shopping tomorrow.

So, with limited ingredients, it’s looking like Maidrites since its been a while since the last time I made them.

As I’ve never had them, I don’t know what the authentic ones should taste like, so any ideas?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
DW worked at Maidrite for awhile when we were in college. All they did was cook up the meat in its own juice, a little beef broth, and salt and pepper. That was it.
I think yours sounds better.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
261di7q.jpg

Anyone, anyone?

:yum: