Honey Roasted Peanuts

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I saw a big display of dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts and for some reason, I bought a jar. Hated them. But instead of tossing them, I went in search of a recipe. Found this one.

But I screwed it up. I melted the sugar WITH the honey, and butter, and tossed in the peanuts. Glad I used parchment paper.

Roasted them for 20 minutes, stirring every 5. I mixed the salt with the garlic and chili powders, and sprinkled that mix on the cooling nuts, breaking up the clumps as I went.

Pretty darned good!

I am re-ordering the ingredients in the conventional way (in the order that one uses them) instead of the way it was written. https://www.servedfromscratch.com/wprm_print/recipe/11279

Lee

Honey Roasted Peanuts​

Ingredients​

• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 cups raw unsalted peanuts
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt

Instructions​

• Pre-heat oven to 350º.
  • In a large sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the butter, honey, and salt. Heat until butter is melted and bubbly. Add the peanuts and stir until they are well coated.
  • In a 9 X 13 baking dish, add peanuts in an even layer. Place in oven checking every 5 and stirring to prevent burning. Remove peanuts whenever they've evenly browned, about 20 minutes.
  • While peanuts are roasting, mix together the chili powder, garlic powder, and sugar.
  • When peanuts are done, remove from oven and transfer to a metal mixing bowl. Slowly add the sugar mixture, a little bit at a time, mixing well each time. Continue to add sugar until well coated to your liking (all the mixture may not be necessary).
  • Continue mixing as peanuts cool to prevent sticking.
  • Serve and enjoy!

Notes​

Check while roasting!

Oven temps can vary, so be sure to check the peanuts often.

Peanuts.JPG