Site Supporter
1 1/4 cups fresh mint leaves, slightly packed
3 cups vodka
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp glycerine(optional)
8 drops green food coloring (optional)
2 drops blue food coloring (optional)

Wash leaves in cold water several times. Shake or pat gently dry. Snip each leaf into halves or thirds, discarding stems. Measure cut mint leaves to above measurement.

Combine leaves and vodka, steep for 2 weeks. Shake occasionally.

Strain out leaves. Boil sugar and water together, cool. Add to vodka mixture, add optional ingredients.

Age 1 to 3 months. Yield: 1 quart.

Variation: add mint extract (up to 1 teaspoon) before aging.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I had no clue you could make this on your own. I like pouring it over vanilla ice cream.... can you say 'HEAVEN'??

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I like it over chocolate ice cream, sattie. lol My mom once in a while use to drink grasshoppers when I was little and she would give me a little taste.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Any candy or cake supply store should have glycerine. Even some pharmacies carry it.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Somewhere I have a cookbook with lots of recipes for homemade cordials and liqueurs and it even has recipes to use them with. I wish I could find it now.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Somewhere I have a cookbook with lots of recipes for homemade cordials and liqueurs and it even has recipes to use them with. I wish I could find it now.

i have a book like that as well... i think it is called 101 liqueur recipes or something like that