Herb-Roasted Chicken.

Shermie

Site Supporter
INGREDIENTS;

1 whole uncooked chicken (about 4-1/12 to 5lbs).
1/4 cup lemon juice.
1/4 cup hot water.
1/4 cup honey.2T plus t kosher salt, divided (I don't have kosher salt, so I used some sea salt in place of it).
1 T whole black peppercorns.
5 sprigs fresh thyme ( don't have fresh thyme, so I used dried thyme)
5 cloves garlic, peeled & smashed.1 T canola oil.

INSTRUCTIONS;

Blend all the ingredients together & place in the bottom of inner pot. Place chicken into the cook & crisp basket. If you have it, tie legs together with cooking twine. Otherwise, skip this step.

Place pressure lid onto cooker. Turn clockwise to seal. Make sure level is in the SEAL position. Press PRESSURE button & set temp to HI. Set time for 22 minutes. Select STOP/START to begin. Wait 5 minutes for cooker to release pressure naturally. Then move level to VENT position to finish releasing pressure.

Brush chicken with some canola oil or cooking spray. Season with some salt & pepper. Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP. Set temp to 400 degrees F. Select START/STOP to begin. Cook until desired level of crispness is reached, adding up to 5-10 additional minutes.

To brown the back of chicken, flip over so that the back is exposed, then brown that side also. check temp of chicken with thermometer. Should register about 165 degrees F. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• Roasted Chicken cooked in the Ninja Foodi..jpg
    Roasted Chicken cooked in the Ninja Foodi..jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 960
  • Backside browned..jpg
    Backside browned..jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 981

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Shermie,