Heading Home

Lefty

Yank
Just a heads up, but after 10 weeks on the road I am going home Monday. A week early. Report from my boss is under budget ahead of time. :blob_blue:This was a tough ship to work with but we got her done.

Side note. The USS John Paul Jones (DDG-53) was my first destroyer I tested in Bath Maine. It was really interesting to work the same ship 20 years later.

Rick

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome back to New England, Rick!

It's so beautiful here right now!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That would be cool working on and upgrading the same ship. 10 weeks away from home would be tough on ya though. Welcome home. Now take a break. :thumb:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome home!

Since you finished a week early are you going to take a few days off?

Jim

Embryodad

Just a heads up, but after 10 weeks on the road I am going home Monday. A week early. Report from my boss is under budget ahead of time. :blob_blue:This was a tough ship to work with but we got her done.

Side note. The USS John Paul Jones (DDG-53) was my first destroyer I tested in Bath Maine. It was really interesting to work the same ship 20 years later.

Rick

Congratulations Rick! ... It surely must be a special feeling heading home after a great work experience.

Boy, it sure does bring back some memories. I remember the first ship I got my sea legs on... Old bucket of rust Tin Can USS Blackwood DE219. It was amazing the darn thing steamed. hahahahaha I believe it was the 70 coats of paint that held it together.

8lhd.jpg

A year and a half of bobbing up and down in that Tin Can was enough, and a rowboat was an upgrade from this thing. LOL ... It lays on the bottom of the ocean now, and made a great target practice for the fleet.

I was a snipe and lived in that darn hot boiler room, and at night under the forward gun turret cooling off and catching some Z'zzz!
That going back to home port after a few months was a blessing.

I miss all that!

Have a great enjoyable time at home. God Bless!

Lefty

Yank
My first ship was the Coast Guard Cutter Duane. (WHEC-33) The JPJ was the first Destroyer as a contractor in the job I hold now. Side note the Duane is a reef off the coast of Florida now. Cheers!
Congratulations Rick! ... It surely must be a special feeling heading home after a great work experience.

Boy, it sure does bring back some memories. I remember the first ship I got my sea legs on... Old bucket of rust Tin Can USS Blackwood DE219. It was amazing the darn thing steamed. hahahahaha I believe it was the 70 coats of paint that held it together.

8lhd.jpg

A year and a half of bobbing up and down in that Tin Can was enough, and a rowboat was an upgrade from this thing. LOL ... It lays on the bottom of the ocean now, and made a great target practice for the fleet.

I was a snipe and lived in that darn hot boiler room, and at night under the forward gun turret cooling off and catching some Z'zzz!
That going back to home port after a few months was a blessing.

I miss all that!

Have a great enjoyable time at home. God Bless!