DC6E45E7-EA1A-4244-8A69-6053DCF7244E.jpeg
B2C46002-E141-4983-A5AD-43FFB1F08404.jpeg
6F16A857-0AD7-45EB-AC95-B407F903DF9E.jpeg
7D4804D7-ACDD-4640-B0A2-3B08B244F350.jpeg

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ug plumbing project. Tough but worth it.
I see the bench already in place. I guess you will be tiling the shower area. Good luck. Continued progress pics please.

Johnny West

Ug plumbing project. Tough but worth it.
I see the bench already in place. I guess you will be tiling the shower area. Good luck. Continued progress pics please.
We have a contractor doing this - no way I have those skills and health. They were not going to start on this till October but my wife is having a hip replaced in September so they got on it.

Reactions: Doc

Johnny West

Have you and your wife chosen the tile? Like Doc, I'm looking forward to the updates.
We picked everything out at the start. The owner’s daughter is their decorator/consultant and she gave suggestions and laid out various tiles to choose from. The master bath is done except the glass enclosure which who know when it will get done. The splash guard tile will be like the tiles in soap cubby. The shower head is magnetic.

The second picture is the cherry cabinet in the half bath. They all will look like this. The holes are drilled and faucets installed and working.

D875477A-0288-469C-8A3B-10E461CADBB1.jpeg

61C9DCBE-ED9D-4E96-89C1-18F1E5C10737.jpeg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I love what you two have done so far. It looks really good. I wish that I had chosen one of those magnetic shower heads like you have (y).

Johnny West

The two Russian tile guys are here doing the drywall for the shower.

The foreman and his partner were also here to put the master bath mirrors but they are to big and have to take them to be cut down.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It's coming along nicely. Maybe finished by the end of the week, except for the glass?

Johnny West

It's coming along nicely. Maybe finished by the end of the week, except for the glass?
I’m not sure. We leave for Utah Monday. Hopefully it will all be done when we get home.

there is a wet spot on the ceiling dry wall we are trying to figure out now. It’s always something.

they are putting the splash guard tile in master bath, at present.

Johnny West

They do and are perfectionist in every way. The tile guys are almost done with hall walk-in shower. What took so long on the other two bathrooms was after installing the cabinets getting the counter tops made. The counter tops are measured with a computer device.

Johnny West

Two guys were here today to put the mirror in the hall bath and filled in the splash guard. They said they would be back tomorrow and finish after it all set up. Yesterday they pulled up all the protective floor paper - that was nice after walking on it for so many months. The painter came and painted the floor boards and touched up the walls. It has dried so I can get Nancy upstairs for a shower. The walk in shower has no door yet but we can put our big beach towels down on the floor. Dobby will clean it up and wash the towels. At 0800 the the cleaning lady showed up and dusted and cleaned all the bathroom plus vacuumed all the area where the paper was down. She is part of the service that the contractor provides at the end of a remodel. I got her phone number to come and clean periodically. She was impressed on how clean our house was… This is the master bath. I didn’t take a picture of the half bath as it has all Nancy’s after surgery bathroom products.

BCA8A153-4AC5-47AD-BDC2-212990784752.jpeg
CE65C449-C53C-4440-A338-6DBC7B4A1E89.jpeg
2CA81880-0893-4281-A558-20C5BBCD1B85.jpeg
D1466120-34FB-4263-8042-2E7F21EF9B43.jpeg

Johnny West

Meridian Glass came this morning and put in the glass for the walk in shower. Nancy has been using the shower since she has been able to get up stairs. I just put towels down on the floor and wiped down the shower after each use. The only thing left to do is put in light bulbs, get the missing cabinet installed, and finish the mirror.

I have pictures but it’s taking awhile for my iPad to receive them from my iPhone.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love the inside of the shower, but have never been a fan of clear glass shower doors.

Lee