Good eats Sunday, 2/14/2021 to Saturday, 2/20/2021?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Not sure what dinner will be tonight. It depends on if I can go food shopping. It started raining just as the sun went down last night. Temperatures dropped. I expect it will be a sheet of ice on everything, and we couldn't find salt anywhere. Plus we are expecting another snow storm Monday - Tuesday. So it's going to be crazy. I need to drive DD to work before I can go to the store, so a late start won't help.

P.S. Our 30-year-old car is shot. The computer isn't working properly and nowhere to get a replacement except maybe Mexico. So yet another problem - 4 people and 1 car. :(

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Holy crap, Peeps. You can't catch a break.

Have fun Lucky!

I checked the menu for today's offering at work- I'm having the spaghetti.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
attachment.php
Chicken Vesuvio

Johnny West

I can never count on anything we may have for dinner. Last night was supposed to be lobster tail but Peter and Amelia came over to help celebrate the mrs birthday so we had vegetarian. It was all good and plenty of leftovers tonight to go with the lobster tails.

The polenta had a savory mushroom sauce and the pasta had Trader Joe's marinara. The marina is so goo I could never make it from scratch again and be happy.

#########Polemta.jpeg

#########Jello.jpeg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We have a small local chain of restaurants called I ❤️ Tacos. They started out as a little hole in the wall joint staffed entirely by family, then got a bigger place, then opened a second location and had plans for a third, but don't know what happened with since COVID. Anyway, I really enjoyed their vegetarian option. They made a mix of cooked onions and garlic, roasted poblano peppers and corn, cumin, mixed with Chihuahua cheese (hard to find, but kind of like a Mexican mozzarella) and crema. They use it on quesadillas, tacos and burritos, which also have green rice. Sauce is made up of roasted poblanos and jalapenos, onions, garlic, cumin, cilantro, lime juice, and vege broth. When we downsized, it was kind of a drive, so I copycatted. I'll admit we got takeout and I picked it apart to figure out a recipe. Craig had extra jalapenos in his burrito and black beans. I just had the burrito with a crema drizzle.
2021-02-15 19.11.56.jpg