Glazed Apple Fritters

Ian M.

Not just sure where these belong (besides in my stomach!) so move them wherever -

Ingredients:

For Fritters:

1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup chopped apple - Macs or Cortlands are good with this - Granny Smiths are just a tad too tart.

For Glaze:

2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 tbls. milk (I found a touch more was better - make the glaze pretty loose)
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:

Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir in milk and egg until just combined. Fold in apple. DW threw in a smattering of chopped nuts to add a bit of crunch - didn't do much for me but can't hurt............

Pour good quality vegetable oil into a deep skillet or cooking pan until it is approximately 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches deep. Heat to approximately 350 to 375 degrees before dropping batter by tablespoonsful into hot oil. Oil is ready when a bit of the dough floats to the top when dropped into hot oil.

Then cook dropped dough in hot oil until golden brown - approximately 2 minutes. Then flip and cook until other side is golden another 1 to 2 minutes.

Transfer to paper towels to drain and so paper towels can absorb excess oil. Then transfer to cooling racks to cool slightly.

Stir together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in small bowl. Then drizzle glaze over fritters. Allow glaze to "sit" for three minutes on first side of fritters in order to harden and then flip fritters and drizzle glaze on other side.

Leave on cooling rack until ready to serve. Best served warm with bacon or sausage. Bet you can't eat just one! Enjoy. :thumb:

Ian M.

Funny you should say that CF! That's exactly what I said the first time DW made these for a Sunday morning for Kieran and me. Kieran put away one and a half of them and I'm not telling how many I ate...........

Ian :mellow:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure wish someone would make these for me!

Lee