Gold Site Supporter
"F" is for ...

1c.jpg
1b.jpg
1a.jpg

1d.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Another true story. The day we moved into present home, discovered that the sliding glass door lock didn't work. We didn't have a stick to put in the track, and were too tired to go get one or parts to fix lock. Middle of the night I hear this loud noise. Craig sleeps like the dead, so i got up and went to where I can see in kitchen and there's a large person shaped form in there. Dark, hadn't turned on any lights. Yelled at Craig to wake up, there was somebody in the house, yelled at the shape to get out of my house and that I was getting the gun and would shoot them. Florida has a stand your ground law for home invasions. Then I hear it's me, it's me in Craig's voice. He was getting ice out of the ice maker for some cold water. Scared us both at the time but is funny now.

My mother did almost the same to my dad. He worked the night shift in the print department at the newspaper. She had a little ladies gun because it made her feel safer at night. One night, she hears the garage door go up, so she gets her gun and goes downstairs to where the door to the garage was. She listens at the door and can hear noises going on in the little room where my dad changed out of his work clothes. This was long before computers so they used large machines to print out metal die pieces that were used to print the newspaper. So, lots of metal shavings that would get caught in shoe treads and pants. Anyway, the noises stopped and then the person started messing with the doorknob/lock of the door. She yelled at them that she had a gun and would shoot through the door if they kept trying to get in. Then, she also heard it's me, it's me. He had started feeling really bad at work so decided to quit early and come home, but forgot to call. Scary then, but like us became funny later, though he never forgot to call before coming home early again...