From the box...

Johnny West

Ghirardelli brownies...

E1ED9871-474B-4995-8E08-462C01228DEA.jpeg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Brownies look great!
I like "From the Box" idea, and think that could be a whole other thread in itself. Nowadays I do a lot of stuff from the box or a pkg. I'm not much of a baker.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
John, if you want to "kick it up a notch", you might want to try Symphony Brownies.

I won a trophy for this dessert at the Jack Daniels Invitational Barbecue Competition, with the 50 best bbq'ers in the world. It was my only win.

I may have posted this elsewhere here.

Lee

Marge’s Brownies (AKA Symphony Brownies)

Simple ingredients, tricky to cook and cut.

2 boxes Ghiradelli brownie mix (any brownie mix will do, but this is the best)

3 Symphony bars (I use the toffee ones)

Mix the batches of brownies. I do them in separate bowls, but if you are a good eye-balller, you can mix them in one bowl.

Lay half the batter into a buttered 13 x 9 pan (glass works well). Place the three candy bars on top of the batter –they just fit.

Cover the candy bars with the other half of the brownie batter.

Bake at 350 degrees for at least an hour and 10 minutes. Keep testing after that, if necessary. You have to make sure that the brownies are cooked thoroughly, but when testing them, remember that the chocolate candy is in there, so be careful where you stick your toothpick.

Cool in the pan THOROUGHLY, at least 2 hours, before attempting to cut the brownies. If you don’t wait long enough, the chocolate will ooze out. If you wait too long, say overnight, the candy will harden and the brownies will be difficult to cut.

Everyone wants this recipe!

Symphony brownies 1.JPG

Symphony brownies presentation.JPG