First attempt at Baby Backs

K

Kimchee

Congrats!
Braising then finishing on the grill is a great way to do them if you are "grill challenged."
(Heck it's a good way even if you aren't!)

I agree the rub sounds salty... 3 TBSP, plus some in the Old Bay... I'd do 1 TBSP max.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Keep on going! You did great.

I did baby backs too. Rubbed down with Sweet baby Ray's indirect heat in foil for a couple hours, brown them up a bit and go.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
WTG. :)

Nearly everyone loves baby back ribs. The last ones I made were in the smoker for two hours and then finished off in the oven. There are lots of ways to cook them and all are great.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My first attempt at cooking baby back ribs was a success! I used Alton Brown's dry rub recipe that follows, but next time I think I will come up with my own...this one was a little salty for me. I braised them in the oven and then finished them on the grill, and for me - cooking anything outside of burgers and dogs on the grill is a challenge! :bonk:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/who-loves-ya-baby-back-recipe/index.html

Yay :clap:, I just recently started getting interested in trying some new things on the grill. I figure you never know until you try!