Filet Mignon

Johnny West

This is what I’m dealing with tomorrow. I’ll cut there steaks, then re freeze the rest. I looked it up and FDA said it was ok. This sucker weighs 6 pounds and was a gift. it came from the commissary at Christmas time.

4ADEF58E-9B41-4DFF-A3DE-29AD6BD1F00F.jpeg

Johnny West

I was just reading that Henry Ford’s chef would make him a burger for lunch every day and he made it from filet mignon. I’ll make a half dozen burgers tomorrow.

Johnny West

When we got back from Germany we discovered an old acquaintance had opened a used comic and book store. He had a huge amount of old cookbooks for cheap and I bought a lot. This is the first cookbook I bought from him.

C2BC43F2-5138-41FB-9797-A3D7F8FF5126.jpeg
9DB28B7C-0EF1-404B-9426-10D4C580FAA7.jpeg

Johnny West

Now that's what I call a great gift! I love to receive anything I don't have to dust!

Lee
Well, they are not getting any of it.

Rant on… they just cancelled and said they were going to their daughters for dinner tonight. Nancy made a big salad, squash soup, and French green beans. I cut up the tenderloin. Needless to say I am pissed.

I have a bag of scraps I’ll make into hamburger, put 8 steaks in the freezer, and will vacuum pack them later if the vodka and wine doesn’t interfere. I’ll grill four steaks for tonight.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wait - you were making a special dinner for people who cancelled at the last minute???

Were they the people who gifted you the beef?

Lee

Johnny West

This morning I made six filet mignon burgers with the leftover pieces of meat and will vacuum pack the steaks I froze yesterday before they get to dried out.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
hopefully it will work out - there is a difference between 'tender' and 'mooshy' - I did refreeze a couple rib eye steaks once - was not impressed with the results....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I've thrown stuff back in the freezer before and never noticed much difference.
Of course the decision to do that has come before they've completely thawed.