Espresso Machine

Johnny West

We got this yesterday but haven’t used it yet, hopefully tomorrow. In running our errands today we went to Dillanos Coffee Roasters and got a bag of their medium/dark coffee that is popular with coffee shops in the area. I grabbed a bag off the shelf but the owner said to put it back and had the crew grind us freshly roasted hot beans. It smells divine.

722C5959-E8B3-48DA-B740-87D0891741CD.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Isn't espresso served black? I have no idea, since I like a light or medium roast coffee. And I always drink it black.

Lee

Johnny West

Isn't espresso served black? I have no idea, since I like a light or medium roast coffee. And I always drink it black.

Lee
This is black. What you see on top is foam from making the espresso. It settles back to black as it cools. I make 5 two ounce shots from one packing of the grounds so it comes out like an Americano. When I go out to eat I will have cream in coffee but at home it’s black. In winter I do like a mocha. I prefer medium roast, too, but we got this stronger blend (medium/dark) to start but will probably go to their medium blend next bag. I like whole milk in tea.

Ironman

🍺
This is black. What you see on top is foam from making the espresso. It settles back to black as it cools. I make 5 two ounce shots from one packing of the grounds so it comes out like an Americano. When I go out to eat I will have cream in coffee but at home it’s black. In winter I do like a mocha. I prefer medium roast, too, but we got this stronger blend (medium/dark) to start but will probably go to their medium blend next bag. I like whole milk in tea.
Is espresso basically coffee? I tried coffee once when I was a kid and never liked it or had it since.
Give ya good boost, does it?

Johnny West

Is espresso basically coffee? I tried coffee once when I was a kid and never liked it or had it since.
Give ya good boost, does it?

esperesso, as near as I can see, is the process used with these kinds of makers. The grind has to be fine but sometimes can clog the process. I started drinking coffee at 18, quit fo a year, but working and army became hooked.