Espresso Machine

Johnny West

We got this yesterday but haven’t used it yet, hopefully tomorrow. In running our errands today we went to Dillanos Coffee Roasters and got a bag of their medium/dark coffee that is popular with coffee shops in the area. I grabbed a bag off the shelf but the owner said to put it back and had the crew grind us freshly roasted hot beans. It smells divine.

722C5959-E8B3-48DA-B740-87D0891741CD.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Isn't espresso served black? I have no idea, since I like a light or medium roast coffee. And I always drink it black.

Lee

Johnny West

Isn't espresso served black? I have no idea, since I like a light or medium roast coffee. And I always drink it black.

Lee
This is black. What you see on top is foam from making the espresso. It settles back to black as it cools. I make 5 two ounce shots from one packing of the grounds so it comes out like an Americano. When I go out to eat I will have cream in coffee but at home it’s black. In winter I do like a mocha. I prefer medium roast, too, but we got this stronger blend (medium/dark) to start but will probably go to their medium blend next bag. I like whole milk in tea.

Ironman

Master Baker
Staff member
This is black. What you see on top is foam from making the espresso. It settles back to black as it cools. I make 5 two ounce shots from one packing of the grounds so it comes out like an Americano. When I go out to eat I will have cream in coffee but at home it’s black. In winter I do like a mocha. I prefer medium roast, too, but we got this stronger blend (medium/dark) to start but will probably go to their medium blend next bag. I like whole milk in tea.
Is espresso basically coffee? I tried coffee once when I was a kid and never liked it or had it since.
Give ya good boost, does it?

Johnny West

Is espresso basically coffee? I tried coffee once when I was a kid and never liked it or had it since.
Give ya good boost, does it?

esperesso, as near as I can see, is the process used with these kinds of makers. The grind has to be fine but sometimes can clog the process. I started drinking coffee at 18, quit fo a year, but working and army became hooked.