Egg curry and indiappa

LastManStanding

Took this photo a few days ago. Indiappa with egg curry, home made, no fancy photo settings. :D

IMG20220128201402.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LastMan, that dish is so new to me that I had to look it up. Found a photo online that looks much like yours - rice noodles and egg curry.

Is your egg curry spicy-hot?

Lee

Idiyappam_with_Egg_Masala_Curry.jpg

LastManStanding

LastMan, that dish is so new to me that I had to look it up. Found a photo online that looks much like yours - rice noodles and egg curry.

Is your egg curry spicy-hot?

Lee
The one in your photo is a spicy hot curry, but in mine it's a much more mild one. Usually what people make for this noodles is what's in my photo. It needs a lot of gravy, and should be made with coconut cream. Spices used in this curry are: home made curry powder, 1 or 2 mild green chillies, tomato, cinnamon, and curry leaves.
This is a popular breakfast. People use either eggs, or fish for the curry.

LastManStanding

I would like to try yours!

Lee
It's really easy to make. But making the strings need a special tool, a press, through which the dough should form in to noodles. Those "machines" are easily available in India and Sri Lanka but I'm not sure about that in your part of the world.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's really easy to make. But making the strings need a special tool, a press, through which the dough should form in to noodles. Those "machines" are easily available in India and Sri Lanka but I'm not sure about that in your part of the world.
Oh, trust me, LastMan, I would buy some rice noodles at my local Asian supermarket!

Lee

LastManStanding

Oh, trust me, LastMan, I would buy some rice noodles at my local Asian supermarket!

Lee
They are totally different. Supermarket rice noodles are different in every way. But I think Indian shops may have that string hopper press.
However the egg curry is what you like to taste, so it won't matter too much I guess. 😃

LastManStanding

I’ll have to google egg curry recipe. I love curries.

I found some good recipes on the net and will make one this week.
This will require a trip to the Indian market in Kent. 😁
Usually the egg curry made at home is mild. A lot of coconut cream and mild spices are used. What you get from shops is spicy and hot-they add a huge amount of chilli flakes etc. Strings need a lot of gravy, and a mild curry is recommended :)