Dutch Oven Spaghetti Pizza

Ol-blue

This even tastes better the next day. If you want you can bake this in your oven in a uncovered greased 9x13 pan. Your campers will love this meal, mine do.
Enjoy! Debbie

DUTCH OVEN SPAGHETTI PIZZA

DutchOvenSpaghettiPizza438.jpg

DutchOvenSpaghettiPizza445.jpg

1 pound(s) GROUND BEEF
1/2 ONION; Chopped.
1 to 2 clove(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1 package(s) (16 ounce) SPAGHETTI; Broken In Half.
1/2 teaspoon(s) SALT
2 EGGS
2 cup(s) MOZZARELLA CHEESE; Shredded Or To Taste.
1 jar(s) (1 lb 10 ounces) SPAGHETTI SAUCE
1/2 cup(s) MILK
1/2 teaspoon(s) OREGANO; Or To Taste.
1/2 teaspoon(s) GARLIC POWDER
GREEN BELL PEPPER; Chopped, Optional.
_____

In Dutch oven brown ground beef, onion, garlic and green pepper until beef is cooked and vegetables are tender.
Remove Dutch Oven from heat and remove ground beef mixture to a paper plate and set aside.
Drain off moist of the fat.
You want to use some of the fat to grease the Dutch Oven bottom and sides or if you prefer, use a non-stick spray.
You need the Dutch Oven greased well.
Cook and drain spaghetti and rinse under cold water until cool.
In a large bowl beat eggs.
Add milk,1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and salt and mix until combined.
Add spaghetti to bowl and toss well.
Spread spaghetti mixture into Dutch Oven and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
After spaghetti is baked, spread the spaghetti sauce over the baked spaghetti.
Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese then top cheese with ground beef mixture.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
_____

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That looks really good. Then again, all of your dishes look really good. :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
OMG i need to get a DO soon... looks very tasty and just made my stomach growl..lol

chowhound

Wow. I can't believe that you didn't put the ingredients on some kind of dough when I saw the pic. It looks just like a loaded up pizza. What a great looking dish.
I need to find a way to downsize this and make it. Or get fat(ter) trying. lol.
Beautiful, Debbie.

Ol-blue

Wow. I can't believe that you didn't put the ingredients on some kind of dough when I saw the pic. It looks just like a loaded up pizza. What a great looking dish.
I need to find a way to downsize this and make it. Or get fat(ter) trying. lol.
Beautiful, Debbie.

Thanks! I'm sure you can downsize this real easy. It's great left over and can be put in the freezer for meals needed in a hurry.

chowhound

Super. Then using my 3.5 qt will let me downsize the recipe, still use a DO, and get the thickness you have.