Do you buy yourself something nice during the holidays?

FooD

I always do around this time of the year. I usually buy a thing or two of something that I wish to receive as gifts. I'll buy the item(s), usually discounted, and have them for instant gratification.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nooooooooooo. My focus is on others around Christmastime

I save up and buy myself something nice that I want on vacations, though.

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwww, FooD! I'm sorry if I sounded judgemental - I didn't mean to!

I do buy stuff for myself a couple of times a year .... I just don't budget those special things for Christimas.

Please forgive me!

Lee

goatherder

you bet cha....and it usually is food....the last few years it has been dark chocolate covered almond buttercrunch/toffee...never know what to call this confectionary...and I am a sucker for those large tins of good popcorn..

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I'm getting an early Christmas present. Some friends who are traveling down from NJ, and will arrive next week are bringing me a KINDLE! Jerry bought it for me and had it sent to them from Amazon...I have been longing for one ever since my iPod went south on me. I can use it as an MP3 player for my audiobooks, listen to music and read e-books. Yippee!!

FooD

I'm getting an early Christmas present. Some friends who are traveling down from NJ, and will arrive next week are bringing me a KINDLE! Jerry bought it for me and had it sent to them from Amazon...I have been longing for one ever since my iPod went south on me. I can use it as an MP3 player for my audiobooks, listen to music and read e-books. Yippee!!

Congratulations on your new Kindle! Funny, I started my shopping spree early this morning by ordering a new Ipod for myself from Amazon.
Guys like to go on shopping sprees too.....lol...

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, George! Congrats on your new iPod. I love my iPod, but the connector for the earphones is a weak design feature and has given out on me. I can still use it in a dock, and will continue to do so, but I am thrilled to have a Kindle, because it is challenging to find English language books here, and I'm a bit of a maniacal reader. And I got a hot pink leather cover for it. And a light, so I can read in bed and when we lose electricity, which is pretty often during the summer storms.

Wart

Banned
For the past couple of years Wife and I have used this time of year to buy something we need but have a hard time talking ourselves into getting.

We have needed a second computer for quite a while so I/we got a Dell Studio 15 and Wife/we got a HP NetBook, and a WiFi router.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
What Wart said;
So many Christmas's have passed that it's really hard to keep the gift-giving interesting, so we buy something we "need" as our present to each other ; last year was a new TV, and this year will be a new mattress / box spring set ;

In answer to the original question, ABSOLUTELY !
Matter of fact, I just did the deed.........
AMAZON is featuring a 16-disc collection of the work of the Beatles at half-price, and I jumped on it.

Every year, I place under the tree a nice box-set that I know would not be coming my way otherwise...........

leolady

You bet your sweet bippy I buy a gift for myself at the holidays. This year it was 3 sets of three [total of 9 racks] stainless steel food dehydrator racks for my old Farberware Turbo Convection oven.

Now I can get rid of the old round plastic dehydrator set I have.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
You bet your sweet bippy I buy a gift for myself at the holidays. This year it was 3 sets of three [total of 9 racks] stainless steel food dehydrator racks for my old Farberware Turbo Convection oven.

Now I can get rid of the old round plastic dehydrator set I have.

Arrrrrghhhh! That's all we have but as long as Fran doesn't see your post....

leolady

Fran wouldn't want to buy a vintage convection oven so she can spend weeks looking for the stainless steel dehydrater racks on Ebay!

Surely, that would be too much like work!

K

Kimchee

Ditto Wart and LT.

In fact, we are going shopping for our new mattress and box spring today.
:)

Mr. Green Jeans

I have to echo the same sentiment. Mrs. GJ and I are pretty persnickity about what we buy at this stage of life. WO do get the most joy our of gift giving to the kids & grandkids. We do however pick an evening between Thanksgiving and Christmas do dinner and a concert in the big city. Last one was Emmylou Harris at Benaroya Hall in Seattle.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i dont think i really buy myself anything nice anytime of the year..lol

i did take the opportunity and bought DW a purple amethyst acer netbook

went into Micro Center looking at another one they had on sale and got this closeout one instead..same specs just purple instead of black. if they would have had a pink one that would have came home..lol

got it for $159.99 plus taxes

0009980284893_500X500.jpg

lilylove

Sometimes I do. This year we're spending Christmas and New Years at the condo. SILVER is cheap down there and I plan on coming home with a few new pieces. A beautiful necklace and maybe a bracelet too.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Where is your condo LL? Silver Cheap???? :confused: Sounds awesome. My wife would sure like that. :thumb:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I have always bought myself some new christmas tchachki (sp?), either a new santa or snowman, or some unusal garland, etc...something for the house decorations. Doing it for so many years now it takes boxes and hours to pack and unpack each year.

I don't think I'm doing it this year, however. I've pretty much spent every last penny I had on this restaurant. There really is nothing left for pretty new things for me. The restaurant, however, got lots of new decorations that will have to stay pretty enough for next year, too.

AllenOK

I normally wait for my tax refund to buy myself anything. I jokingly refer to my tax refund as "my christmas".

My second job is VERY generous with their Christmas bonuses. Hopefully I will be able to get something for myself for Christmas.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mazatlan Mexico! YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
I thought it might be Mexico, but wasn't sure. I bet it's very nice there. One of these days we'll vacation down that way. Maybe we'll see you and Mexico Karen. :D

Good luck Allen. I hope you can get yourself a Christmas gift this year instead of waiting for the tax refund.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, FooD!

I was out doing errands today, and was in the neighborhood of stores that had what I needed to buy for Christmas gifts, so I did almost all of my Christmas gift shopping!

AND, since I broke one of my gold hoop earrings, I looked for the ones I like to replace them and actually bought them for myself!

So, there! I DID buy something nice for myself this season!

Lee

FooD

Just received my new iPod Touch. :D
But now I'm going through case dilemma. I already tried two cases, returned them, and trying out the third.

FooD

Thanks Karen, for that link. I'll check out the program.
This iPod is my second Apple product I've ever owned. The first was a Mac Plus, back in 1988.

Wart

Banned
I normally wait for my tax refund to buy myself anything. I jokingly refer to my tax refund as "my christmas".

Wife is from Italy. She brought up Epiphany during our first Christmas.

"Children in Italy believe in a female version of Santa Claus called La Befana, an old woman who flies on a broom and brings presents. .... On January 6, the Feast of Epiphany, La Befana goes out on her broom to drop off stockings filled with treats to all the sleeping children of Italy. CITE

So we go out and do the after Christmas sales.

This year I hope to find a numeric keypad with Bluetooth for the laptop.