Dining Service

Johnny West

The mrs recently got her great grandmother’s lace table cloth cleaned and since we were snowed in today decided to set the dining room table with our good things. The table is an Amana Furniture Store walnut table I inherited from my folks and passed down from my grandmother. It was delivered to her on VJ Day. The sterling silver
805BBD2B-4F8C-4E48-B3FA-117C20E3258C.jpeg
and dishes (Blue Italian from Spode) are gifts from my brother in Chicago. Actually the dishes were a trade for my mother’s good dishes I inherited from her. The crystal is Harcourt pattern from Baccarat that we bought at the Crystal Place in France when we lived in Germany. I know it’s posh stuff but they are family treasures.

Johnny West

Gorgeous, John! What was dinner?

Lee

there was no dinner. She wanted to set the table using that table cloth. She said she would never use it for a diner. Her great grandmother crouched it in the late 60’s When she was recovering from a leg ailment and couldn’t walk a lot. We used to do French farmhouse dinners for my wife’s birthday and set the table for guests. We haven’t done that for many years.
DAADC13C-42E1-4EF5-8353-845A6B944DA0.jpeg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Very nice! I love soup tureens, and yours is particularly nice. I have two of those old hurricane lamps. They were my grandmother's, then my mother's, and now they're mine.

Johnny West

Very nice! I love soup tureens, and yours is particularly nice. I have two of those old hurricane lamps. They were my grandmother's, then my mother's, and now they're mine.

I inherited my mother’s dishes and these. We’re my brother’s. He wanted to trade and how could I not say no? The sterling is Edgewood from 1909. He gifted us a set he picked up for cheap and we added 6 place Setting. It has rocketed in value.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Amazing tablecloth! Such an intricate pattern! I cannot imagine the amount of time and talent that that took!

Lee

Johnny West

Amazing tablecloth! Such an intricate pattern! I cannot imagine the amount of time and talent that that took!

Lee

she did it about three years before she passed away in 1972. She emigrated from Sweden when she was 13. We went to Sweden and found the house she was born in. It’s a lovely little home situated on a small lake and owned by someone from Stockholm and used as weekend retreat/summer getaway.