Did you know?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌾🌼
Gold Site Supporter
FB_IMG_1717618275305.jpg
 

LastManStanding

Well-known member
Why is that, Indike?

Lee
They consider it extremely unlucky. If a cat crosses the path while walking, a majority would stop for a while and then go. Lol. But again, it's the same about a Buddhist priest too. While the Buddhists treat monks with utmost veneration, the same Buddhist would avoid meeting a monk in the morning. 😅 gecko is another bad omen. If a gecko makes its noise "chuk chuk chuk chuk" (🤣 what do you call it?) then nobody leaves home or start anything good for a few minutes. There's a special column in every almanac about what it means if a gecko lands(falls) on each part of your body. If a house gecko happens to fall on someone they run to the almanac to see what it means🤣.
 

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They consider it extremely unlucky. If a cat crosses the path while walking, a majority would stop for a while and then go. Lol. But again, it's the same about a Buddhist priest too. While the Buddhists treat monks with utmost veneration, the same Buddhist would avoid meeting a monk in the morning. 😅 gecko is another bad omen. If a gecko makes its noise "chuk chuk chuk chuk" (🤣 what do you call it?) then nobody leaves home or start anything good for a few minutes. There's a special column in every almanac about what it means if a gecko lands(falls) on each part of your body. If a house gecko happens to fall on someone they run to the almanac to see what it means🤣.

Great and curious info, Indike - thanks!

Lee
 

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The Diomede islands are just three miles apart but the bigger island is almost one day ahead of its smaller neighbour (21 hours) because they sit on either side of the International Date Line which passes through the Pacific Ocean and marks the boundary between one calendar day and the next. They sit in the Bering Strait between mainland Alaska and Siberia

Big Diomede is located on the Russian side while Little Diomede is on the US side. The ice bridge that forms between the two islands in winter makes it possible, although illegal, to walk the short distance between them and 'travel through time'

didyouknow198.jpg
 

Johnny West

Well-known member

Did you know?​

The July full moon is known as the Buck Moon.

The English oyster season officially begins on St James’s Day (25 July). In Whitstable, Kent a festival is held every year to mark the occasion.

The Field Record Book​

European bass (Dicentrarchus labrax)

Biggest caught by rod and reel in UK: 22lb 2oz, Somerset, 2021, caught by Guntars Zukovskis

Biggest caught worldwide: 22lb 5oz, Pirou, France, 28 May 1999, caught by Philippe Boulet
 

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Approximately 25 percent of the Sahara’s surface is covered by sand sheets and dunes. The remaining 75 percent is comprised of other land features such as salt flats, gravel plains, plateaus, mountains, and more.

The average depth of sand across the entire Sahara is about 16 feet. The Sahara is certainly known for its sand dunes, which cover as much as a quarter of the desert.
 
Top