Diagnosis

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Just needing to vent a little bit.

My fasting blood work shows that I am on the borderline from pre-diabetes to diabetic. This freaked me out. My father was diagnosed with diabetes in his early 60’s. I am 62. He was a recovering alcoholic. I loved my red wine. He had 2 quadruple bypasses. I’ve suffered with A-fib since my 20’s due to a heart valve issue. He died at the age of 75 due to a heart attack brought on by the diabetes and metastatic prostate cancer.
My doctor has not advised me about anything. I took it on myself to change my diet - no more wine. No more juice. No more pasta, white rice and reading EVERY LABEL.

In the past 4 months I have lost 13 lbs. I still worry every day. My husband is trying to understand the changes. He eats what he wants and I eat what I need to.
A couple of my coworkers are diabetic but they continue to eat and drink what they want. I guess I have a hard time understanding that.

Sorry about the vent. I’m just feeling a bit overwhelmed and alone in all this

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I have a good friend who was diagnosed years ago in her 30s.
She's managing it , but I don't think she adheres to a really special diet, which is sad.
I can't say much, but she knows how I feel.
Her hair is thin, she had battled a foot issue with a large wound on it, and had a triple bypass 2 years ago.
My late hubby passed from type 1 at age 42.
He was diagnosed at age 13 and was always brittle.

Your doctor should be concerned about this, and monitor you closely.
Stick to the changes you've made with your diet and do lots of research.
Stay well 💕

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I have a good friend who was diagnosed years ago in her 30s.
She's managing it , but I don't think she adheres to a really special diet, which is sad.
I can't say much, but she knows how I feel.
Her hair is thin, she had battled a foot issue with a large wound on it, and had a triple bypass 2 years ago.
My late hubby passed from type 1 at age 42.
He was diagnosed at age 13 and was always brittle.

Your doctor should be concerned about this, and monitor you closely.
Stick to the changes you've made with your diet and do lots of research.
Stay well 💕
Thank you ❤️