Day trip

Johnny West

to Mount St. Helens yesterday. About 1300 we decided to go for a drive and I suggested St. Helens. I’d been there when I taught high school special education back in 2000. Then the visitors center was open and you could see the cauldron a lot better. Since there has been so much volcanic activity in recent years it is shut down and the public isn’t allowed to get into the perceived danger zone. It was a nice drive on curving mountain roads and wished we had time to stop at several restaurants that looked good.

Outside of Toledo there was a lavender festival at a farm and stopped to get a few things and take a picture….

72333B95-B69D-43A1-9967-A9FEE93F5028.jpeg

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nice John.
I posted pictures of trips to Lake Erie and the UP of Michigan once on FB years ago.
All full of excitement.
A friend commented, you've seen the Eiffel Tower and Buckingham Palace, yet this still excites you?
Of course it does.
??

Johnny West

Lovely, majestic photos, John! Was the air temperature somewhat comfortable?

Lee
It was low 80’s but no humidity so it seemed cooler. It was a lovely day for a drive.
We saw no wildlife but did have a scarlet tanager fly across the road in front of us
while driving.

Reactions: Doc

Johnny West

You and Nancy need to go one day.
We did in 1991 and never got any good pictures. We walked a lot and were worn out when we got there.. Luckily, John A. spoke some French and we were able to get a decent meal after walking back to the train station. I’d never go back unless on a tour. I learned what assholes Germans and French were. The next big war they can fight on their own.