Cutting Boards

LastManStanding

Seeing the thread about Boardsmith "art" cutting boards I thought of asking everyone. Is there a good market for that kind of cutting boards? I can make a few cutting boards like that here, and I'm wondering if I would be able to sell them abroad. Shipping would be the costliest part but I might be able to make a few dollars if there's a demand. :D

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Seeing the thread about Boardsmith "art" cutting boards I thought of asking everyone. Is there a good market for that kind of cutting boards? I can make a few cutting boards like that here, and I'm wondering if I would be able to sell them abroad. Shipping would be the costliest part but I might be able to make a few dollars if there's a demand. :D
Idk but that sounds like a fun idea!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

You might be interested this link and in joining this Facebook group, LastMan. https://www.westfarthingwoodworks.com/make-sell-cutting-boards/

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You also might PM member Adillo303 aka Andy.
He made cutting boards for years. He might have some good insights for you.
I bought a couple of his boards years ago and my wife still uses them. They are very nice.

LastManStanding

You also might PM member Adillo303 aka Andy.
He made cutting boards for years. He might have some good insights for you.
I bought a couple of his boards years ago and my wife still uses them. They are very nice.
Thanks Doc, it will help a lot. I will PM him today.

LastManStanding

Ouch! Hope it's not too bad, LMS!

Lee
It hurt a lot in the first 5 or so hours. I think it's especially because I got burnt by steam. Finger was in cold water for the first half hour and then I let it thaw gradually. But when the water came to room temperature it started to burn again so I kept adding ice cubes to water. Somehow I was able to sleep at 3 am. Now all ok. I guess the blister will open up in a few days and it will be just the wound to heal gradually.

That "join facebook group" doesn't open any facebook page, it just opens the same page again in another tab.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ouch! Ice

It hurt a lot in the first 5 or so hours. I think it's especially because I got burnt by steam. Finger was in cold water for the first half hour and then I let it thaw gradually. But when the water came to room temperature it started to burn again so I kept adding ice cubes to water. Somehow I was able to sleep at 3 am. Now all ok. I guess the blister will open up in a few days and it will be just the wound to heal gradually.

That "join facebook group" doesn't open any facebook page, it just opens the same page again in another tab.

That burn sounds pretty serious! Keep it clean and disinfected and keep an eye on it - too easy to get infected.

Lee

LastManStanding

That burn sounds pretty serious! Keep it clean and disinfected and keep an eye on it - too easy to get infected.

Lee
The first day I did everything I knew to care for it. Put the finger in ice water, kept in cool water, put aloe vera in the water, kept a piece of fresh aloe vera on the blister, applied the silver sulferdiozine cream... everything in my arsenal.
The burnt skin was loose - like a wobbly blister, white (as in dead). Now it's a red patch of hard skin, not loose anymore. It will peel off I'm sure but I feel that there's not much as a wound inside now. Or at least it's not paining inside the skin now.
I think my barrage of first aid actually healed it to a great extent. :D

Shermie

Site Supporter
I have these 3 cutting boards. :)
White cutting board..jpg
Green cutting board..jpg
Round cutting board..jpg