COVID-19

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I see that they are now considering splitting the vaccine (think they're talking about the Moderna vaccine) into 2 doses instead of 1 dose in order to get more people vaccinated...good move, bad move??? Things are not really moving at warp speed. Hopefully distribution will pick up quickly.

lilbopeep

Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it would be better to do "one and done". THAT would get more people vaccinated in less time. If a booster is needed later that would be better than being half protected. We know a lot of people won't want to go back a second time (and won't be completely protected which I think would cause more issues with maybe a mutated strain of the virus that will be immune to the vaccine) or will forget to get the second shot.

Saliha

Bad news from here. At this week covid-19 conquered that ward I am working. Majority of nurses have infected (23 out of 30 at this time), also most of patients are seriously ill. O oh what a situation in here. But luckily, my test results have been negative so far.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my goodness, Saliha!

Sending positive energies and healthy strengths to you and your colleagues!

Lee

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Bad news from here. At this week covid-19 conquered that ward I am working. Majority of nurses have infected (23 out of 30 at this time), also most of patients are seriously ill. O oh what a situation in here. But luckily, my test results have been negative so far.
Stay strong Saliha!

Saliha

Hi all!

I got finally my the first dose of covid-19 vaccine earlier this week. Situation in my ward is still worsening; more infections, more deaths and more nurses have became ill. I am ok, at least at this moment. Now I´ll have free weekend and I am planning to take some rest (and sleep a lot).

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Hi all!

I got finally my the first dose of covid-19 vaccine earlier this week. Situation in my ward is still worsening; more infections, more deaths and more nurses have became ill. I am ok, at least at this moment. Now I´ll have free weekend and I am planning to take some rest (and sleep a lot).
Hang in there!
👍

Saliha

After reading from newspaper about this covid-19 situation, many local people here have been very encouraging for us: they have sent to our ward cakes and cookies and greeting cards and also a huge bag of hand-knitted socks. :wub:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
One of my closest friends was taken to the hospital last night with COVID and pneumonia. She is isolated and on oxygen. We've been texting today - she says she can't talk and breathe at the same time. She's 72 years old.

Where the hell are all the vaccines? 30M distributed - only 11M administered. Where are they?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Kathy! Sending positive thoughts and healing energies!

Lee

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
One of my closest friends was taken to the hospital last night with COVID and pneumonia. She is isolated and on oxygen. We've been texting today - she says she can't talk and breathe at the same time. She's 72 years old.

Where the hell are all the vaccines? 30M distributed - only 11M administered. Where are they?
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear this.
As for the vaccines, I believe as they've become available to the public, aside from those folks in nursing homes - and nursing staff, emergency workers, they are phasing them in by age group, which is freaking ridiculous!
Hopefully within the next few weeks, all this mess will get sorted out.
It is frustrating as hell.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
😫🤦‍♀
20210121_202750.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter

I'm sorry about your friend.

I find the above highlighted disturbing too. From what I've read some of the vaccines were shipped to facilities where many of the people would not agree to having the vaccine. At first, separate facilities weren't allowed to share the vaccine with other facilities. Maybe that's why they're sitting on them. Maybe they're allowed to now. I sure don't know. Seems like such a waste to me.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear this.
As for the vaccines, I believe as they've become available to the public, aside from those folks in nursing homes - and nursing staff, emergency workers, they are phasing them in by age group, which is freaking ridiculous!
Hopefully within the next few weeks, all this mess will get sorted out.
It is frustrating as hell.
How would you suggest that the vaccines be phased in?

A pharmacist in Wisconsin (think it was Wisconsin) has already been charged for intentionally leaving out some vaccines overnight. Some people just have black hearts.

Ironman

Master Baker
Staff member

A pharmacist in Wisconsin (think it was Wisconsin) has already been charged for intentionally leaving out some vaccines overnight. Some people just have black hearts.
Yeah that was Milwaukee. The guys a kook, conspiracy theorist kinda guy. I heard somewhere else they received the vaccine but didn’t store it properly and lost 800 shots worth. You’d think they would be prepared... 🤷‍♂️

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter

Sure wish I had the answer to that.
This is 2021, you'd think this kind of thing wouldn't be happening.
Then again....
🙄😔