homecook

Ingredients:

4 slices of bacon
1 small onion, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons flour
1 cup of diced potatoes
4 cups of fresh corn cut off the cob (this took 7 medium cobs for me)
2 cups of chicken stock
2 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup cream or half and half
1/2 pound of raw peeled and deveined shrimp
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
salt & pepper

Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the bacon slices and cook until crispy. Remove bacon and drain. Add onions and peppers with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Whisk in the flour, cooking for 1-2 minutes or until flour becomes golden in color. Add chicken stock, potatoes, and corn. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.

In the mean time, heat your grill on the highest setting. (I used my George Forman) Season shrimp with salt and pepper, brush with a thin layer of barbecue sauce, then cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from grill and toss with remaining barbecue sauce.

Once soup has slightly thickened and the potatoes have started to break down, stir in milk and cream. Season according to your tastes. Serve in bowls topped with the crumbled bacon and shrimp. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to one week.

My Notes: I used Bubba's BBQ sauce (local) it was spicy hot. Otherwise I think I would have added a few drops of hot sauce.

Attachments

• 102_3617.JPG
    102_3617.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 147

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BBQ shrimp! What a great way to kick up corn chowder, Barb!

Lee