Cooking at Elevations

Ginny

First, I hope I'm posting in the proper forum! If not, please feel free to move it!

For some time now, we have been considering a move. No where near the packing of boxes stage, more the exploring options. The most recent town of interest is at an elevation of 2,400 feet above sea level. I've always lived...and cooked...at about sea level or up to 500 feet above. Will I need to relearn everything...or am I just being silly? I'm concerned as cooking is a big part of things I enjoy in life! Not sure I want to be faced with a big learning curve.

Thanks for any and all input!

LastManStanding

I don't think there's anything notably different in cooking, except for the factors such as what you can grow in your home garden, and availability of ingredients etc. Views from your kitchen could be nicer, if that improves cooking :)

Ginny

Thank you! I've heard various numbers for elevation cooking. Some say changes needed at and above 3,000 feet, others say, 2,000 feet. I guess I will learn!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you! I've heard various numbers for elevation cooking. Some say changes needed at and above 3,000 feet, others say, 2,000 feet. I guess I will learn!

Sorry I can't help you, Ginny!

Lee