Come on Spring

LADawg

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m ready for Spring… Tired of the high for the day only being in the mid to high 50’s and the low at night being no warmer than the mid to high 30’s.
Ready for some days filled with sunshine and the high temperature in the mid 70’s and lows of only the mid 60’s.
Well Fat Tuesday is just around the corner and St Patrick Day is not that far off. I’ve made it this far so I can make it for another 6 weeks or so.

Johnny West

Mid 50's would be nice here - I'd break out the shorts again although I've noticed folks with shorts on yesterday at mid 40's. Cherry trees are budding and even saw an early one in bloom here. It won't be long.

LADawg

We, wife and I, live down here in Lower Alabama about 30 miles south, south, south, west of Mobil. We moved down here 8 years ago from Jackson, MS after full time RV’en for a year. WE LOVE IT! We are only about 6 miles north of the sugar white sands beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.
We get thousands, well maybe tens of thousands, of what we call Snowbirds each winter. A few are from Canada, but most are from the Midwest. Many are from Michigan, but Wisconsin, Ohio. Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois are all very well represented. The ones from Iowa are my favorite.
The Snowbirds are really, really easy to pick out. Even though the temperatures are in the 50’s or low 60’s they have on their shorts with short sleeve shirts and sandals. When the temperature reaches the high 60’s they are or the beaches soaking up the sun. Most of the Snowbirds will pick up and leave in another month or 6 weeks and head north.
There is no real lull because the next 3 months will be filled with the Fairhope Art and Craft Show, Gulf Shore’s annual National Shrimp Festival, and a couple of Music Festivals.
Starting Memorial Day the Southern arrive by the thousands. There must be at least 30,000 condo units (maybe more) for rent in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and they will all be full through Labor Day.
Things will be kind of calm for 3 or 4 months. Only a sprinkling of things going on, like the Sausage Festival in Elberta, AL and a couple more music festivals, then it starts all over again with the Snowbirds.

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Be patient, guys! Spring is just around the corner! ;) :clap:

Attachments

• spring-around-the-corner.gif
    spring-around-the-corner.gif
    117.6 KB · Views: 106

Johnny West

Yup, I grew up in Iowa and lived in Minnesota for 10 years. Here in the Pac NW a lot of folks wear shorts year around. :mrgreen:

Leni

Here in Los Angeles the temperature will be up to mid 80's with Santa Anna winds. Gusts up to 70 MPH in the mountains.

Saliha

+3 C today, wet snowing. The spring is still somewhere very far from here. Streets are on ice and full of slush - people wet their feet and get flu.