Cold Blueberry tart with cream cheese crust

Ian M.

Time to share a family favorite - with summer and hot weather coming up it's always a good time for a chilled dessert.

For the Crust:

6 oz. of cream cheese (two small packages)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour

Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll out on a floured surface to 10" round...fit into 9" pie plate, flute edges and bake in 350 degree F. oven for approximately 10 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Crust may shrink slightly in baking. Set aside for filling.

For Filling:

1 quart fresh blueberries, rinsed, dried and separated in half.
1/2 cup water
1 tbls. fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup white sugar or more to taste, depending on the berries
1 tbls. cornstarch

Wash berries and set aside to dry. Place half the berries in a heavy saucepan or double boiler with 1/2 cup water and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until the berries are soft and release their own juice. Combine the sugar with the cornstarch and stir in a few tablespoons of the hot berries before stirring the mixture into the saucepan. Cook over low heat until the mixture is thick. Remove from the heat. Mix together with the raw berries and fill cooled crust. Cover with extra berries and swirls of whipped cream. Serve very cold. Just delicious! :piesmiley1:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That crust sounds wonderful!

Putting this on my list, Ian - thanks!

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
This is sounds soooooo good. It's going on my short list too! Thanks for sharing Ian!

chilefarmer

Ian, you know I saved that one. Blueberry season is close at hand to. I bet that would work with black berries to. Gonna do it. CF

Ian M.

Ian, you know I saved that one. Blueberry season is close at hand to. I bet that would work with black berries to. Gonna do it. CF

Fallon doesn't like blueberries so she uses things like strawberries and raspberries when she makes that crust. One year my Mum made it with fresh peaches and that was world class! :ohmy:

Ian

Ian M.

That crust sounds wonderful!

Putting this on my list, Ian - thanks!

Lee

Thanks, ladies. The crust is unusual and really tasty. Kind of melts in the mouth and you can fill it with a variety of different things, too. Pretty versatile.

Ian:eat1: