Cod With Artichokes and Basil (South Beach)

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Cod With Artichokes and Basil (Phase 1)

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds cod fillet
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried basil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
10 ounces marinated artichoke hearts (about 12 pieces), plus 1 tablespoon liquid from jar

Instructions
Heat oven to 450°F.
Place cod in an ovenproof baking dish, brush with oil, sprinkle with basil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange artichoke hearts around fish and drizzle with artichoke liquid.
Bake until fish is opaque and just flakes with a fork, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot.

Nutritional information
Per serving:
250 calories
10 g fat (1 g sat)
8 g carbohydrate
33 g protein
3 g dietary fiber
430 mg sodium

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I've done this, but with Snapper, and it WAS delicious, and I'm not a big Artichoke fan.........

LOL!! Gee, Luckytrim - I'm guessing that you too are on South Beach's e-mail list? I received that recipe from them in my inbox this morning too & plan to try it soon, particularly since I just bought my favorite GALLON-size jar of marinated artichoke hearts from CostCo.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yessiree, BC;
Received this A.M.
Very similar to a recipe I make a couple of times a year.....

I always post South Beach's offerings......... I lost 46 pounds on the South Beach, and I give them boo-koo's of rep points (except for their concept of dessert)

I'm not a big fan of dried basil, so would probably sub in dried "Italian Seasoning", which is a mix of dried herbs (basil included) for better flavor.