Chocolate Covered Strawberries

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Easiest thing in the world, friends.... You need two things, firm ripe strawberries and chocolate.

I like to use the best dark chocolate I can get my hands on...however, there are times when the urge for these treats hits and the best chocolate isn't around. Almost any chocolate will do. You can use chips from the baking aisle or melting chocolate from a party store. Just melt it slowly without any added fat or moisture.

January2010089.jpg

January2010090.jpg

If you have to rinse the berries, make sure you blot them dry with a clean cloth or paper towel before dipping them. You don't need to purchase berries with long stems. Having just the leaves on top is enough to hold the berry.
Gently hold the berry by the leaves, swirl in around in the melted chocolate, let the excess drip back into the bowl, and then place it on a sheet of waxed paper to harden. I don't like to refrigerate them. This makes moisture between the fruit and the chocolate.

January2010091.jpg

January2010092.jpg

January2010093.jpg

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Their shelf life is not very long, though. Usually that is not a problem. Looks yummy, Ro!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Those are beautiful.....reminds me that Valentine's Day is just around the corner.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUU TEEEEEEEE FUL, Ms. Blue!

As always!

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
There's a great choclatier called Hanna Kraus---grew up with special treats from her shoppe on all sorts of holidays. But, when a chocolate covered strawberry costs more than a buck, it's time to make your own.