Cauliflower Veggie Tots are great!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
In my continuing quest to find delicious and healthier substitutes for pasta (this cauliflower and tomatoes is wonderful with parm and mozzarella http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28404&highlight=Cauliflower), baked potatoes (kabocha squash), rice (haven't found one yet) and other starches, I keep trying stuff and mostly being disappointed.

However, I just tried these Cauliflower Veggie Tots and they are delicious! A thin crispy coating on the outside and a soft, creamy inside. I had them piping hot, with salt and ketchup and loved them, but marinara would be terrific, too!

Finally, a hit!

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_3903.JPG
    IMG_3903.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3902.JPG
    IMG_3902.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 133

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
tried the cauliflower last night - drew a meh.

followed the directions - 425 for 14 minutes - next batch goes longer for more crisp....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Chowderman, they're even better re-heated!

I put some of the leftovers on Pam'd foil in the toaster oven, 350 for 15 minutes - love 'em! LOL! :wow:

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I didn't bake the whole bag - no left overs . . .

my plan is to do them on a rack (better air circ) and longer for more crisp...

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Chowderman, I did half a bag in my toaster oven for about 15 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.

PERFECT!

I can't get over how good these things are! Dunked in ketchup.

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_3932.JPG
    IMG_3932.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 95

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
haven't yet done the other bag half . . .
we're supposed to get 6" of nasty wet snow tonight. could be in for a day or two.
did pork schnitzel with baked sweet potato tonight and tomorrow is a Caesar salad fortified with steamed chicken tenders.... might squeeze in the c. tots.