Can't post any pics!!!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Shermie, I always use the paper clip attachment tool up in the tool bar.
Or a file host, but not very often.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I tried that. That won't work either!! :ohmy:

How did you post pictures before?
I click on the paper clip, it opens the choose file/manage attachment, then once you click on those it should open where your pictures are stored.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I have a Documents file, which some pica are stored there. That is where the pic is that I was trying to upload. For some reason it just won't work. The names of the items are there but it just won't work.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I have a Documents file, which some pica are stored there. That is where the pic is that I was trying to upload. For some reason it just won't work. The names of the items are there but it just won't work.
Is it coming up as invalid file?
I've had that happen before.
If that's the case, try changing the size or properties of the pic.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good suggestion.
What is the entire file name Shermie, with extension. Some types are allowed others are not. File name will tell us if that is the problem.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I think it was the document file. No more for posting pics! I went back to the old files with the pics. Much easier that way!! :thumbup:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm confused but if a document is to big just take a pic of it with your phone or the microsoft snipping tool and post that. I use that daily. Very handy.

bczoom

Instead of using the paper clip "Attach files" option, on the top of the post window, there's a little picture icon. Click on that.
When you click on the "picture" icon, there's 2 options on the top of the little pop up window. By default, it's on the "Upload Image" option. There's also a "link" option if you want to enter a URL for the picture.

On a related note, Doc - is there a setting where all pictures are displayed in their full-size as opposed to the thumbnail? I don't like to have to click on the thumbnail, view the pic then close that window. (Too many steps.)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Instead of using the paper clip "Attach files" option, on the top of the post window, there's a little picture icon. Click on that.
When you click on the "picture" icon, there's 2 options on the top of the little pop up window. By default, it's on the "Upload Image" option. There's also a "link" option if you want to enter a URL for the picture.

On a related note, Doc - is there a setting where all pictures are displayed in their full-size as opposed to the thumbnail? I don't like to have to click on the thumbnail, view the pic then close that window. (Too many steps.)

Hey BC. I have asked and so far in this version there is not a default setting for full size pics. Unfortunate.. I know we are all used to that. Thumbs do not save storage size on the server. They do save load time for the page for folks viewing the page but with high speed internet that seems like it is no longer a big deal.