Cabbage Pancakes

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I found an original recipe for these on Facebook.

They are a Korean street food normally made into a sandwich on grilled bread, with sugar and ketchup added.

This time I'm having them without all the rest.

Just 1/2 bag of cabbage slaw mix, 2 eggs, buttered skillet, then fry until eggs set and browned.

It made 3.

I like them!

20200925_171438.jpg

Attachments

• 20200925_171438.jpg
    20200925_171438.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 939
Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Here's the video that inspired these.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UBFn7Z3NSwY[/ame]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Love the concept, sans sugar.

I have my scrambled eggs with ketchup on the side anyway, so will try this with my Eggbeaters.

Thanks, Sass!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I found an original recipe for these on Facebook.

They are a Korean street food normally made into a sandwich on grilled bread, with sugar and ketchup added.

This time I'm having them without all the rest.

Just 1/2 bag of cabbage slaw mix, 2 eggs, buttered skillet, then fry until eggs set and browned.

It made 3.

I like them!

]

How big was the big of slaw mix...10 oz, 16 oz, other??

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks! That's my plan too. I'm going to have some chopped beef sandwiches with slaw on the side.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I tried it out this morning with my usual 1/2 cup of eggbeaters and about 1/2 cup of cabbage slaw. Mixed it up in a bowl and tried to make a couple of mounds in the pan, but the egg whites were too runny. Ended up as an omelet.

But it was a great change and I will keep experimenting! I probably didn't use enough cabbage to make little cakes.

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_6450.JPG
    IMG_6450.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 916

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I tried it out this morning with my usual 1/2 cup of eggbeaters and about 1/2 cup of cabbage slaw. Mixed it up in a bowl and tried to make a couple of mounds in the pan, but the egg whites were too runny. Ended up as an omelet.

But it was a great change and I will keep experimenting! I probably didn't use enough cabbage to make little cakes.

Lee

Looks good to me :).

When I first saw the cabbage pancakes, I thought, mmm egg foo young. I'm going to do a little twist on this. My plan is to make the cabbage pancakes by the recipe and add some egg foo young sauce, maybe some shrimp in the sauce too.

Making a grocery run tomorrow for the slaw mix.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good to me :).

When I first saw the cabbage pancakes, I thought, mmm egg foo young. I'm going to do a little twist on this. My plan is to make the cabbage pancakes by the recipe and add some egg foo young sauce, maybe some shrimp in the sauce too.

Making a grocery run tomorrow for the slaw mix.

That's a great idea!