Blues Man's Spicy Shrimp Scampi

Blues Man

It is my wife’s birthday today so I decided to cook her dinner. She loves shrimp so I decided to make her my spicy shrimp scampi. It pays to get everything together before you start cooking as once you get started it cooks really fast.

Brine the shrimp in salt and sugar.

100_0631.jpg

I start out with combining some red pepper flakes, white pepper, cayenne pepper and oregano.

100_0615.jpg

Some fresh parsley from the garden finely chopped.

100_0622.jpg

Parmesan cheese, Italian bread crumbs and garlic.

100_0627.jpg

Add olive oil and butter to the iron skillet (be sure that you use a skillet that you can put under the broiler) and heat it until the butter is completely melted. Add the the crushed garlic to the skillet being very careful that it does not burn. Add the spices and mix with the garlic and oil. Turn the heat up to high and quickly add the shrimp. Sauté the shrimp for just a minute and turn them over and sauté them another 30 seconds. Do not let the shrimp over cook. Add the parsley and stir together.

100_0648.jpg

Add ½ of the bread crumbs and ½ of the parmesan cheese and mix together. Add the remaining cheese and bread crumbs and mix together.

100_0651.jpg

Place the skillet under a hot broiler until toasted on the top. Again, be very careful that it does not burn.

100_0653.jpg

Serve over fettuccine.

100_0656.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:a1: I love shrimp, and this looks like a great combination of ingredients. Thanks!