Betty Greene's Cheese Blintzes

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Betty Greene's Cheese Blintzes[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is a recipe taught to me by my mother who probably learned it from her mother. My mom was the one who started making the batter using the blender. I love to eat them. Shavuot is the traditional Jewish holiday when blintzes are eaten, however, we love them anytime. I love to share my mom's recipes because she was an excellent cook and dementia has stolen that ability from her. It is one way for me to remember her and share how wonderful a cook and baker she use to be.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sweet margarine or sweet butter for the pan[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leaves:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup whole milk[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup all-purpose flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 large eggs[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Directions:​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blend together the above leaves ingredients in a blender. Use a scant 1/4 cup batter to make each leaf in a crepe pan.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do not let the leaves get browned. Stack the finished leaves, separating each one with waxed paper.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Filling ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 lb. farmers' cheese or pot cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 whole egg[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 teaspoon vanilla[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Tablespoon sugar or to taste[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]cinnamon to taste[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Directions for filling:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix the above ingredients together.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Directions to making and sautéing the blintzes:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Roll each blintz leaf with approximately 1 tablespoon filling, or a bit more. Fold ends in, and then roll. Sauté each blintz in sweet margarine or butter until they are lightly brown. Serve with blueberry or cherry sauce, or whatever is your family favorite.[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG Susan, these are my favorite things to eat in the whole world!!! I've never made them before but I've copied this recipe and I'll be eating these next week. Thank you!!!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Just be careful of not burning your fingers when you flip the blintz leaves. They are hot!

I love 'em too!

Calicolady

I never made them either, but growing up, my best friend's mom would make them and put canned blueberry muk over the top. To Die For!
You know how I love blueberries