Berries are coming fast

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
After 9 days of rain they are ripening so fast I need to pick every day. Going to be interesting to see what the other ones are. They are growing like mad and must be red ones. The black ones are happy along the fence and even the ones we transplanted along the other fence are forming some berries. The wild ones along the field are also starting to form berries.

Attachments

• first berries 003.jpg
    first berries 003.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 123
  • first berries 004.jpg
    first berries 004.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 121
  • first berries 005.jpg
    first berries 005.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 120
  • first berries 006.jpg
    first berries 006.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 123

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
They make great snacks and will be on my cereal tomorrow. She wants to make a crisp and I may flash freeze some for this winter. I know I will be moving the other ones this fall and may setup a whole new area out behind the wood piles. Waiting to see if the others are red ones or blackberries. They are getting big as can be but not flowering yet.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Man I love black berries. We found a place just outside of Blowing Rock NC that sells the best black berry jam and honey I've ever tasted. I have my son pick us up some of both when we run low. I wished I could find a patch growing in my area as I would transplant them into my back yard.