1 cup of whipping Cream
2 Cups of full fat milk
3 tablespoons of corn flour
4 tablespoons of caster sugar
2 tablespoons of rose water and blossom water

Top Layer:
100g Pistachios (chopped coarsely)

Method

1) Start your desert with the base, remove the hard edges of the sliced white bread and leave the core of the bread to fill the first layer of your Pyrex tray.

2) Then start preparing the sugar syrup, start it by boiling a cup of water with 2 cups of sugar stirring occasionally until it boils then add the lemon juice, blossom and rose water and use half of the syrup to cover the layer of bread until they are completely saturated with the syrup and leave the rest for the serving if desired.

3) Prepare the second layer with the cream mixture: start by mixing the corn flour with the milk until the corn flour completely dissolves then add the sugar, blossom water and rose water and stir at a low temperature until the mixture thickens.

4) Put it aside and quickly add the whipping cream and don’t stop mixing until they combine then empty the mixture on top of the first layer of bread and syrup leave it to cool in the fridge for thirty minutes and then sprinkle the delicious pistachios.

Source: http://islamiciftar.blogspot.fi/2010/08/iftar-recipes-lebanese-dessert-aysh-al.html

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that looks/sounds delicious! So different!

Have you ever made it, Saliha?

Lee

Saliha

During the Ramadan (the fasting month) I invite my friends to iftar (ending the fast meal) and make this to them. Rose/blossom water is ingredient what is hard to find from here, so I make tea from rose flowers and use it.

:WitchBrewsSmiley:

Friends also bring some tasty desserts. We eat and chat and keep funny together.

:in_love: