Artery roto-rooter and stent

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Thank you. We're home now.

This happened so fast, but at the same time, it was a long time coming. Last year in Paris, she couldn't walk much because she was complaining about pains in her leg. I rented a wheelchair and pushed her around the city. Judy does internet diagnoses and did all kind of screwy stuff to take away the pain. The doctor didn't connect the dots at first, but eventually sent her for an ultrasound. It then took 6 weeks to get an appointment with the doc who was going to interpret the results. He had her in the hospital within the week.

He said she had 95-100% blockage in the artery in her leg. After the laser surgery, he told me it was more complicated than they thought because of a lot of blockage behind the knee. So, now the blood is flowing! We are relaxing for the next couple days, then he wants her walking 30 minutes a day, minimum!

I am very relieved tht it is over.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you. We're home now.

This happened so fast, but at the same time, it was a long time coming. Last year in Paris, she couldn't walk much because she was complaining about pains in her leg. I rented a wheelchair and pushed her around the city. Judy does internet diagnoses and did all kind of screwy stuff to take away the pain. The doctor didn't connect the dots at first, but eventually sent her for an ultrasound. It then took 6 weeks to get an appointment with the doc who was going to interpret the results. He had her in the hospital within the week.

He said she had 95-100% blockage in the artery in her leg. After the laser surgery, he told me it was more complicated than they thought because of a lot of blockage behind the knee. So, now the blood is flowing! We are relaxing for the next couple days, then he wants her walking 30 minutes a day, minimum!

I am very relieved tht it is over.

Oh, man! She's going to feel SO much better! And so will you! :heart1:

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow. Never heard of that before. Thought blocked arteries were always in the heart. (dumb me)
Congrats on the good outcome. It is amazing what they can do now days.