Are your Kitchen Appliances Killing You?!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Could your kitchen appliances be trying to kill you?

This may sound strange, but is it true? Click on the link below to see.

Reminds me of one of my favorite episodes of The Twilight Zone, called "A Thing about Machines".

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
My mandolin has tried to mame me twice!

The main thing that I'm getting from this article is that stupid people should stay out of the kitchen. If they actually do not know how to do something, then it might be best to get some help first instead of trying to tackle a machine themselves. Yes, some folks DO once in a while make a small mistake, but it best that they seek help if there is something that they may need some help with. :unsure: :whistling:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Me, too, but Silversage told me about cut-resistant gloves. I ordered a pair and can use my mandoline safely.

Lee
Cut-proof gloves..jpg

QSis, like THESE? I have a pair also!! Just in case they're needed!! :whistling:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I, also, once cut one of my fingers on the mandolin slicer!! It can happen very easily! The blade might not look sharp, but trust me, it is very seriously sharp!! :bolt:

LastManStanding

I saw on the latest season of "James May Oh Cook" a gadget called "chopper upperer" or something. It's like an upside down cup with a handle. Place the cup over onions on chopping board, and push the handle down vigorously until the onion slices to how tiny you need. It's kind of a blade/s turning each time you push it down, worked by a wheel with an odd number of teeth I think.

For me, nothing works as good as a sharp knife.

Ironman

🍺
I saw on the latest season of "James May Oh Cook" a gadget called "chopper upperer" or something. It's like an upside down cup with a handle. Place the cup over onions on chopping board, and push the handle down vigorously until the onion slices to how tiny you need. It's kind of a blade/s turning each time you push it down, worked by a wheel with an odd number of teeth I think.

For me, nothing works as good as a sharp knife.
That reminds me of the slap chop 😁

Shermie

Site Supporter
All you need are THESE. Cheese grater & the pull string chopper. The Slap Chop & others with have you paying for separate processing & handling!!! Why get ripped off for paying extra fees?!!!! Most stores like Target or Walmart sell these things cheap!!
cheese grater..jpg
Pull string chopper..jpg

LastManStanding

All you need are THESE. Cheese grater & the pull string chopper. The Slap Chop & others with have you paying for separate processing & handling!!! Why get ripped off for paying extra fees?!!!! Most stores like Target or Walmart sell these things cheap!!
View attachment 58855View attachment 58856
Grater is useful but that second chopper looks like an invitation to mess. I would still use a sharp knife over any other gadget.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Your prerogative, but I like the pull string chopper. It's almost like having a 2nd smaller work bowl in your food processor!! Makes those pesky little small jobs a breeze & you don't have to dirty up the food processor just to get a few cloves of garlic chopped. :whistling: