Any suggestions about a POS software?

LastManStanding

I know this is not the type of question to ask in a food forum. But having seen some well-experienced all rounders here I thought it won't hurt to ask it here. I am looking for a billing software for a friend's shop. He has a hardware store, and needs to maintain the database and then print bills etc., the usual stuff. Anyone has any experience with a particular software?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We used Peach Tree at one of my work accounts.
That was over a decade ago. I suppose they are still in business. At the time the software was great.

LastManStanding

That was over a decade ago. I suppose they are still in business. At the time the software was great.
Thanks doc. Looks like it's not there anymore.
I read online and lined up a few options. Might install each one and see what's what.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We also used Peach Tree a at a place I worked back in 2001. It did just about everything.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe this will help:

Sage 50cloud Accounting, formerly Peachtree, is the classic software that simplifies your everyday accounting tasks and provides the insights to run your business more efficiently. Peachtree accounting software, now known as Sage 50cloud, offers: A desktop installation for performance and security. Robust functionality for accuracy, compliance ...

---------------------------
Accolent ERP is an Alternative to Peachtree and Sage 50. With decades of focus solely on the distribution industry and state-of-the-art Cloud-based technology, Accolent ERP is a great alternative to Peachtree for distributors considering switching software. Accolent ERP is fully-integrated delivering sales, CRM, eCommerce, customer service ...

LastManStanding

Yeah I found it to be Sage50 now. But it's focused more on accounting it seems. I found a good one Aronium which comes with the base programme free and additional plugins can be bought.
There's also another one on github. Seeing the changelog it looks active but I'm not very sure. The problem with the available systems is that almost every one of them is cloud based. I need one for the local computer, to operate totally away from the internet.
Found another one Lightspeed which is a bit too expensive for my friend. He is looking within the range of 100-200 USD per year.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Paypal will do billing as part of your account. It also might fit your needs. Nevermind. Just read the totally away from the internet part.

Open office has a lot of options and it's free. You'd have to do some work to make it do billing but it could be done. Search for open office plug ins.