Amazon FAIL!

FooD

I've been ordering items from Amazon the past few years and have always been happy with their service and quality of merchandise. Prices are very competitive and shipping has always been free.

Well, they screwed up on my last order this week. One of the items I ordered was a Vic Firth French rolling pin. On this morning's shipment I received not one, but 4 of these rolling pins! The shipping guy apparently screwed up by packing and shipping one sealed carton containing 4 rolling pins. Of course, I was charged for one only as ordered so I'm not complaining there.
My complaint is what am I going to do with 4 identical rolling pins? I can use one to treat my plantar fasciatas by rolling my foot over the roller. I guess I can use the other two as batons, one in my car and the other at my bedside.

And if you're wondering, no, I am not going to call them to see if they want them back. It's more trouble for me to repack and ship them.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Are any of the schools/churchs in your area having a Tricky Tray? It would be a great addition to one of those. Or the holidays are coming. How about a food gift basket with bread, pizza or roll cookie ingredients and 1 rolling pin.

High Cheese

Saucier
Ha! Something similar happened to me a couple years ago when I received duplicate pepper mills (not Vic Firth ones). Two in the box and only charged for one. I just held onto it for a few months to see if someone called...it wound up being a Christmas gift.

FooD

Great gift ideas! Thanks.

Although I'll definitely use one to treat my foot ailment....and the other to roll out dough. I will not use one for both tasks. I've done that before with another rolling pin.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Great gift ideas! Thanks.

Although I'll definitely use one to treat my foot ailment....and the other to roll out dough. I will not use one for both tasks. I've done that before with another rolling pin.
You're welcome!

K

Kimchee

I got TWO CASES of floor cleaning stuff from Amazon, when I ordered 2 bottles. Contacted them to explain, got snippy response about no returns due to offer restrictions, would be responsible for paying return postage.
Well, just for kicks, I kept at it until I got a stupidvisor who understood THEIR mistake.... and she still said if I returned it I had to pay the shipping.
So I have a lifetime supply of Scooba floor cleaning robot cleaning solution, LOLOL!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
At the shipper's expense, I returned three of the four TV wall mounts inadvertently shipped to me last spring. On another note, after three attempts to get an RMA for a printer I never ordered, I gave up on their incompetence. It prints quite well if I do say so my own self....

K

Kimchee

Actually, this is more an Amazon WIN! if you think about it... at least from the buyer's perspective, LOL!