7 Bone Chuck Steak

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Finally got a good deal on this once inexpensive cut!

Rubbed with a beef rub, topped with some of my foraged rehydrated dried mushrooms, onions and garlic. Wrapped in foil, in a roasting pan, and braised in a 300 oven for 4 hours. Heavenly! Falling off the bone and delicious! And plenty of leftovers.

Lee

Uncooked

1 Raw 7 bone chuck steak.JPG

Cooked

2 Cooked 7 bone chuck steak.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ahh I Googled it.
The one bone is shaped like the number 7!
Lol
My Grandmother may very well have used these, for sure though I know Mom didn't.
download-1.jpeg
download.jpeg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
OH OK!! We used to grill those all the time. They were a bit tough but tasted great grilled. I use the boneless chuck roast for pot roast and stew all the time. I was picturing something like a prime rib with 7 bones.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
OH OK!! We used to grill those all the time. They were a bit tough but tasted great grilled. I use the boneless chuck roast for pot roast and stew all the time. I was picturing something like a prime rib with 7 bones.
Me too, I was thinking there is a cut out there with 7 bones running through it.
😄

Johnny West

The price of all beef cuts are sky high to include the tails.

I have a friend that raises his own beef - cattle ranch. I can get a cut and frozen steer for $4.50 a pound but have no room for it or another freezer.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great photo-finds, Sass! Yep, that's it! It's my favorite cut for pot roast and for steak pizzaiola.

Lee