15 Minute Spicy Dragon Noodles

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
These were quick and delicious for lunch.
Wish I'd had some fresh cilantro on hand to jazz it up. Lol

20210311_135747.jpg
20210311_135731.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Looks interesting. What would you add if adding a protein? Pork, chicken or shrimp? Or are you the person that doesn't like seafood.? I know somebody does, just can't remember who.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Looks interesting. What would you add if adding a protein? Pork, chicken or shrimp? Or are you the person that doesn't like seafood.? I know somebody does, just can't remember who.
I like it with the cooked egg as is, though next time I'll add two.
Oh I think shrimp would be nice.
Lol, I LOVE seafood.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I doubled the recipe hoping for leftovers and added 10 shrimp, plus did 3 Tbsp each of the sauce ingredients since I added the shrimp. Added a few extra noodles too since the package was 10 ounces and I wasn't going to keep 2 ounces in pantry. No leftovers. Craig loved it! I thought it was pretty good, but was just shy of being too spicy for me. Might cut down on 1 or both of the spicy ingredients just a tad. Think I'll also toast some cashews next time, chop them a little and throw in with the cilantro.
Course the additions I made and will make take it out of the budget category, but I think they make it even better.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We're going to have this for dinner next week so i wrote a recipe for Craig. As noted above, i made some additions and some tweaks. The lower spicy ingredient amounts are comfortable for me to eat. The higher amounts are just below my tolerance but okay for my chili head hubby so use accordingly.

10 oz. lo mein noodles
4 Tbsp butter
3/8 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
12 (or more) medium large shrimp, shelled and tailed
3 large eggs
3 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
3-4 Tbsp sriracha
Large handful fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cups coarsely chopped, then toasted cashews, peanuts or macadamia nuts

Start a large pot of water boiling for noodles. Once boiling, add salt and noodles, cooking as directed on package. Drain in a colander when done.

Meanwhile, for the sauce, mix the brown sugar, tamari or soy sauce, and sriracha together in a small bowl. Set aside.

In another small bowl, whip the eggs with a fork until well blended.

In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add shrimp, cook for a minute or so then add the eggs and stir until eggs and shrimp are almost done. Add the sauce ingredients and mix well. Remove from heat and stir in noodles. Serve garnished with cilantro, green onions and nuts.