Sauteed Potsticker Stir Fry

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Bok choy is so easy. I buy the baby bok choy when I can get it. Slice it in half. Season with S&P, then drizzle with olive oil. Face down on a very hot griddle. When it starts to caramelize, turn it over just long enough to finish cooking through.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We love the baby bok choy too. They come very tiny, about 3 inches, to the full grown. I prefer to go to the Asian market to get them, even though they come in huge bags there, because they are generally smaller and much cheaper than a regular supermarket.

Going to try this recipe with a couple of additions. It looks good. Thanks!

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I just plan other meals using them. Plus, they are always really fresh so they last for a couple of weeks.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks all.
I've been looking at tutorials on both Cooks Illustrated - America's Test Kitchen and Food Network.
I saw some very large ones at the local market.
They looked a bit sad around the green leafy parts.
I'll shop around, as I really want the smaller ones.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I found some bok choy which looked pretty decent.
I've trimmed off the bulb and washed it.
I'll allow it to sit in the sink in cold water until I slice, dice, chop lol

IMG_20230605_141918330_HDR.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Notes:
I chopped the bok choy rather small and have a lot left for another use.
I also used extra virgin olive oil instead of avocado oil, did not add red pepper flakes or cornstarch to the sauce, because it wasn't needed.
I halved the recipe, more or less, so I've got potstickers left for another time.
My take. This is absolutely wonderful.
My photo sure isn't as pretty as the recipes, but think I did okay for a first run.

IMG_20230605_155335751.jpg