Trivia 6/3

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Trivia 6/3
DID YOU KNOW...
Former President Jimmy Carter has won three Grammy Awards

1. What famous Russian author wrote the epic novel "War and Peace"?

2. In the UK, what was a penny-farthing?

a. - a Coin

b. - a Stamp

c. - a Whistle

d. - a Bicycle

3. What mountain is the tallest in Pakistan ?

a. - Mt. Nanga Parbat

b. - Mt. Karakoram

c. - Mt. Everest

d. - K2

4. Found in the cooler areas of North America, a species of deciduous trees has been described as "quaking" and/or "trembling" because its leaves stir and sound with the slightest of breeze. What species?

5. Which movie features the song 'The Sound of Silence'?

(Hint; Dustin would know ...)

6. In the ABBA song 'Dancing Queen' - How old was the Dancing Queen?

7. In the United States, approximately how many square feet are in an acre?

a. - 4400

b. - 44000

c. - 2200

d. - 22000

8. My father is a mycophile, and he spends a lot of time either in the woods hunting, or in the kitchen cooking. What does he collect?

TRUTH OR CRAP ?

The barnacle's penis is forty times its body size.

It has the largest genitalia in ratio to its body size of any animal .

1. Leo Tolstoy

2.- d

3. - d

4. Aspen

5. The Graduate

6. - 17

7. - b

8. Mushrooms

TRUTH !!

It's hard to believe, but because the barnacle cannot move to look around for a female i must have a longer penis which can roam, looking for a female to inseminate. It can also practice "spermcasting" in which the male releases the sperm indiscriminately into the water and whatever female is near the sperm will pick it up and use it to fertilize her eggs.

LastManStanding

I knew q1 and q3. About K2, it's the most dangerous and hardest to climb from among the highest peaks in the world. It has the highest death rate. It's said that out of every four who reach the top, one dies.
In one of the schools I worked at, the hostel manager had the Sri Lankan record for the most number of Himalaya climbs. He went up to the base camp every year with students as he was a high ranked scout master. I would listen to his stories about his experiences, and they were fascinating. That's how I started reading about them.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I knew q1 and q3. About K2, it's the most dangerous and hardest to climb from among the highest peaks in the world. It has the highest death rate. It's said that out of every four who reach the top, one dies.
In one of the schools I worked at, the hostel manager had the Sri Lankan record for the most number of Himalaya climbs. He went up to the base camp every year with students as he was a high ranked scout master. I would listen to his stories about his experiences, and they were fascinating. That's how I started reading about them.
Yup !
That's In comparison to Mount Everest's 1% death rate, That means approximately one person dies on the mountain for every four who reach the summit compared to oneof every hundred climbers on Everest - making it the far more deadly mountain of the two.

LastManStanding

Yup !
That's In comparison to Mount Everest's 1% death rate, That means approximately one person dies on the mountain for every four who reach the summit compared to oneof every hundred climbers on Everest - making it the far more deadly mountain of the two.
That's a classic example for my grammar mistakes. I wanted to say "one dies for every four.. " but I said "one dies out of every four..."

Thanks to your reply I caught my mistake. I should really read twice when I write, and then go through it twice more.

I learn something every single day.