What are you doing today?

Ironman

🍺
1260cc is 1010cc more than what is permitted in my country 🤣.
Wow! That seems very limited. My last bike was a Yamaha Warrior 1700cc lol.

E64EE9B1-2796-4028-A320-9C7F58D1775B.jpeg

LastManStanding

Wow! That seems very limited. My last bike was a Yamaha Warrior 1700cc lol.

View attachment 57364
That's more than an average car here. For example one of the most popular cars here is Toyota Axio which is below 1500cc. And that's a "big" car here. Lol
One of my friends had a Yamaha XT 200 which was a really great bike.
There are 1000cc bikes here, but they are either registered under some special provisions, or not registered at all and therefore you can't go on public roads.
But again, there are no roads like what you find in the US. Ride for 20 minutes and you are in a town here. And huge traffic and relatively narrow roads of one or two lanes only. So there's hardly anywhere you can ride that bike of yours.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's official! I received my National Tourist Guide Lecturer license ID card today. It was a painful grind of more than 6 months. What a relief what a feeling!
And the next time you decide to visit Sri Lanka I could be your guide 😅

Oh, that is wonderful news, LastMan! Congratulations! The culmination of lots of study and hard work!

Lee

Johnny West

Later this morning we are headed to Port Angeles and will spend the night there then catch the Coho ferry to Victoria Tomorrow morning. Saturday evening our boys to men are hosting a 50th wedding anniversary dinner for us. I better get busy with chores and packing.

yesterday I had PT and exercises effed up my hip worse than it was. Not good.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I turned in my retirement notice this week - staying until the end of the year.
I feel partly relieved, partly nervous.

YAY!!!!

It's wonderful, Kathy! My last full-time boss called me a year and a half ago, asking if I'd be willing to help him out with some paperwork. I said I would work 10 hours a week, he's giving me the hourly rate I asked for, and I come and go when I please, just keeping track of my time. Love it! No alarm clock, no stress, pin money to spend on luxuries, as much time for my life as I want.

Lee

Johnny West

At ferry dock. Matt called and said customs would not let them in plane to Canada as Maddie didn’t have pass port just birth certificate. State department directions were unclear… he lost two airline ticket and one night hotel money.

Johnny West

Today my son John A. And Andy walked up Government Street to the Irish store.
I think we dropped about $800 Canadian on tweeds. I got tow flat hats, one tweed
to replace the one I lost and a waxed flat hat to go with my Barbour coats. After we
got back stopped in the hotel restaurant and had a double.

1055376B-E39B-41C9-B71B-CB0571C3A5E3.jpeg
2A0FA4D3-6FC7-44AD-92F1-2F7F62FFBAA6.jpeg

Saliha

Thanks to all for your comments. Nice to know you still remember me. A lot of work in here, spring has just started here up north and my garden is still waking up for the new growing season. But with garden I have found new hobby: I write short funny stories as "Gardening diary" but not as expected. I write about tiny bugs and other insects I meet in my garden and what they are doing and about our "conversations" together. I´ll try to translate some of those stories later.

Johnny West

Thanks to all for your comments. Nice to know you still remember me. A lot of work in here, spring has just started here up north and my garden is still waking up for the new growing season. But with garden I have found new hobby: I write short funny stories as "Gardening diary" but not as expected. I write about tiny bugs and other insects I meet in my garden and what they are doing and about our "conversations" together. I´ll try to translate some of those stories later.
I love to hear this and wish I was that creative. I’ve missed you.

Johnny West

Today we head home. Here is a couple of poor pictures from the balcony of our suite. I don’t do well with heights.

The building lower left has the SteamShip Grill and used to be the was museum. The hotel upper left is the Empress.

The second picture is the B.C. Provincial Capital Building. At Christmas they light it with alternating red and green lights.

97337AA5-439E-4020-9A21-728696ABA67C.jpeg
3C5CDEE5-216A-4493-B2FF-60EABC41446B.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Today we head home. Here is a couple of poor pictures from the balcony of our suite. I don’t do well with heights.

The building lower left has the SteamShip Grill and used to be the was museum. The hotel upper left is the Empress.

The second picture is the B.C. Provincial Capital Building. At Christmas they light it with alternating red and green lights.

View attachment 57528View attachment 57529
Lovely!

Lee